MAP sensor

bopper

Im a little confused. If i run a map sensor on my greddy emanage does that mean i get rid of the afm?

D

danmo

Just means that if u are maxing out the maf the emanage can just yse the map sensor instead. But is better to keep the maf on.

bopper

can anyone give anymore light to the subject, as a want a shorter pipe for the air filter and wanted rid of the afm. Just bit confused why you would need an afm if the mao sensor on the emanage takes over after maxing.

Dooie Pop Pop

bopper said:
can anyone give anymore light to the subject, as a want a shorter pipe for the air filter and wanted rid of the afm. Just bit confused why you would need an afm if the mao sensor on the emanage takes over after maxing.
the emanage uses both signals together. if you dont want the maf before the turbo then fit it to outlet of the intercooler and blow through it;-) you can go without the maf but i was advised against it.

F

Fusion Ed

For the e-manage blue you must keep the MAF. The reason for this is that the MAF is used for most of the operational correction factors of the cars operation. A MAF sensor is capable of seeing atmospheric density, humidity and temperature changes, where as a MAP sensor cannot, and must be compensated for with temperature sensors etc. The blue e-manage cannot do this. The E-manage ultimate CAN, and if you want to go MAF-less that is the way to go – although it requires a lot more set up and mapping.

Ed

bopper

i've decided against the emanage blue as i would like to get rid of the afm is the apexi power fc capable of losing the the afm?

O

Odin

I have no maf fella, but I've got a M48 Pro Motec ECU fitted, Why not go for the e-manage ultimate like Edd sujested.

Rob

F

Fusion Ed

The apexi power FC D-jetro will do this. The normal power FC wont. Apparently there isnt a D-jet for the GTIR, but if there is for the 200sx then although the ignition system is slightly different it would be possible to port over.

Last edited by a moderator:

bopper

Ok well would love to go for the motec like rob, but this is out of my price range really. So should i then go for the emange ultimate i've been told any piggy system isnt that great, and that i really should be goin for a stand alone ecu.

F

Fusion Ed

Not so! E-manage ultimate is _STUNNING_, and the blue is pretty amazing. People who claim otherwise have either not used one, dont understand how they really work or perhaps its not in their interests to say otherwise. (lost business etc). Its quite straightforward to get just as good results on the e-manage than systems costing 4x as much. Infact my mentality is to use something like an e-manage to prove a point haha :)

Dooie Pop Pop

Bopper believe me...the emanage blue works fine and does exactly what it says on the tin!;-)

my car made 397bhp/370lbft @ just over 1.4 bar after Ed set it up properly for me, a few weeks ago he had another dabble and its now peak boosting at over 1.8 bar and its craaaaazy lol

i am definately going to upgrade to the ultimate at some stage...

you can poke your £2000+ mapping dodgy ecu with no cold start right where the sun most definately doesn' t shine:lol: