making a gtir fwd

stifler1603

what gearbox will i have to get to make a gtir engine fwd so that i can put the engine in a b13 sentra? secondly i have heard of a guy in the uk that has a gtir with a celica gt-4 gearbox and a hondata ecu how do they get these things to work?

rich1216

Phh honda parts near a nissan. Why go to the effort of a gt4 box when the Gtir box look after and modded correctly is more than capable. Use the sunny gti box

Sentra b13
gtir engine
sentra flywheel with bolt holes drilled out 1mm
uprated sentra clutch
sentra gearbox, try and find an ser sentra gearbox with LSD or get an aftermarket dif
gtir downpipe
custom downpipe back exhaust system
decent ecu management and tune

Then off you go...

stifler1603

i think a video of the gtir with the hondata and gt4 box is on youtube i will look for it and post it if i find it. they say the gear ratio and strenght of the gt4 box is way better than that of the gtir box. but i ain't putting no honda and toyota parts on my nissan, that disrespect. i know a few guys down here put the pulsar engine in honda civic's though

If you are looking to do a fwd gtir then you cannot use a 4x4 gearbox.
You need to run a fwd Gti/ sr20 gearbox from an Almera Gti, n14 Sunny Gti, sentra ser, sentra sr20, nx2000

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Pulsar SSS? Pulsar Q? - They had the option of an SR20DE, so I figure they'd be compatible.