Make ya D2's harder!

CruiseGTi-R

Sort of continuing on from Chunder Plop's thread about D2/G-shock coilovers.

Over the bank holiday I did a lot of hard driving in the R :twisted: . I was gettiing wheel rub on very very hard cornering (all out nuts cornering) and being miles from home we thought about hardening up the damping a bit to try to keep it from rubbing on the fronts.

Suprisingly the handling transformed (it still rubbed though :roll: :-D ). The ride was pretty much unchanged (thank god, its shit as it is), but the stupid 'yumping' bouncing reaction over depressions was waaay better controlled. Its not perfect, but loads better. Rob and all, give it a go mate, I dialled in two full turns on the front.

I apologise to any of you who i thought were mad not running the softest damping setting.

Its pretty obvious though really, the more damping (upwards as well as downwards damping) the more the spring reaction is controlled.

I do still think the springs are too hard for the softest setting, its probably more that the springs are matched for the harder damping settings.

Give it a go and see if any of you agree.

Last edited:
O

Odin

I'll give it a try at the weekend, I did put a turn on the fronts and didn't notice any bad effects from it, But its the back that is bouncy so I'll try it on them to.

Rob

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Thunder God said:
I'll give it a try at the weekend, I did put a turn on the fronts and didn't notice any bad effects from it, But its the back that is bouncy so I'll try it on them to.

Rob
I suggested this to you ages ago Rob and you thought I was :der: :loco:

:soapbox:

I can't be bothered finding the PM but when you stiffen up the dampers sometimes the (higher speed) comfort improves as the car starts to skip over potholes etc rather than crash in them. Low speed stuff is normally still bad though.

O

Odin

campbellju said:
I suggested this to you ages ago Rob and you thought I was :der: :loco:

:soapbox:

I can't be bothered finding the PM but when you stiffen up the dampers sometimes the (higher speed) comfort improves as the car starts to skip over potholes etc rather than crash in them. Low speed stuff is normally still bad though.
Yes you probably did mate :oops: , But i'm getting on a bit these days and it goes in one ear and out the other most times :oops: :cry: .

Rob