MAF voltage

nex

via consult, what should the MAF measure whilst the ignition is on and engine not running and at idle, mine at about 1.7v?

cheers

I

iomegalinux

i think i have something wrong with my afm, what are your value at idle ?

mine get 2.1 volts at idle (very bad idle i must press gas a little bit to keep engine running 1500-1700rpm, running 10:1 afr)
i get 0,50 volts key at on engine not running.

Trip

I get 0.53V when engine is OFF and 1.32v when engine is at idle at 1000rpm. I get 2.1V at around 2Krpm at partial throttle.

If you need a log file from mine pm me your email.

I

iomegalinux

thank's a lot trip...

i was sure my maf was wrong, but i'm in the same number as you. will have to check somewhere else.

it overfuel badly
what i can check ?
i have no code on the ecu
all 4 spark plug get dark black in minutes when running

Trip

So it idles high and rich.. check for any fault codes using datascan.. check for any air leaks in the system.

Try connecting the MAF directly to the plenum and let engine idle and see if anything changes ?

I

iomegalinux

in fact it idle high because i press the accelerator a little bit, if i don't do this it simply stall by itself (overflooding probably)
i have gas on the floor at the back of the car coming out the exaust.

ok i'll try this as soon as i can.
no fault code from datascan
i tried another ecu, same thing append.

thanks again

Trip

in fact it idle high because i press the accelerator a little bit, if i don't do this it simply stall by itself (overflooding probably)
i have gas on the floor at the back of the car coming out the exaust.

ok i'll try this as soon as i can.
no fault code from datascan
i tried another ecu, same thing append.

thanks again
Forget what i told you. I thought yours is idling high without pressing the throttle. Did you check O2 Sensor and throttle sensor ?

I

iomegalinux

i saw yesterday the o2 sensor value going up and down trough the datascan display.
throttle sensor was approx 0.54 v when off trottle.

Trip

throttle should be 0.42v and "CLOSED TPS" (in datascan) should be "ON" at idle.

Adjust it to 0.42v and try again.

Last edited:

Trip

Forgot to add..

To check 02 sensor.. warm up car, rev it to 2000rpm with no load. The 02 sensor should go from lean to rich 5 times or more in 10seconds.

I

iomegalinux

aaah great for the o2 sensor, more accurate than it was changin so it work ahah

good for the tps, i'll ajust this also ...

i have to say that two weeks ago, i put a z32 maf with 3" hard pipe.
when i did this, i burnt a track on my ecu, it was repaired and work since 2-3 days ago.
so i put back the std maf, with std pipe

i did try to bypass my emanage, doesn't change anything. i uploaded a old 100% sure working "program" into my emanage, with the maf setup correctly
still go runing like sh...

maybe i'll help you ...helping me ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Trip

When you say you bypassed your emanage, you mean you removed it completely and returned to fully standard ecu ?

I

iomegalinux

only for the maf wire. so it goes directly to the ecu, so the emanage bring a code that the afm signal is missing.

Trip

I cannot really help. Emanage is not something i know about on these cars. I would still suggest fixing that throttle sensor though.

I

iomegalinux

yeah, i'm pretty sure the emanage have nothing to do with that problem,
but at the moment that thing work great, i'll revome de emanage and put a nistune that i'll get from ed with a good map loaded in.

i'll check the tps shortly...

I

iomegalinux

ok i'm in my car, and the tps is exactly 0,42 volts
and close tps is on