MAF Connection problem

A

Anonymous

I seem to have a dodgy connection to the MAF sensor, which intermitently causes issues with the running of my car.

These problems can manifest themselves in various forms from causing my car to barely idle right up to a slight flat spot around 5k revs.

Now the reason I am going with it being a connection problem is if I wiggle the bit of cable and connector to the MAF the problem goes away again, obviously until the vibration of the engine or some other force causes a bad connection.

This doesn't cause a fault code to register.

What do you suggest I do to test the bit of cable or the sensor for that matter. If it is a dodgy bit of cable I'm not even sure what I should do to change it.

Thanks

Dan

R

rsnissan

use a multi meter on the maf pin out on the ECU then check the voltage. run the wires so they are long enough to reach the engine bay then while the car is running/ignition is on wiggle the MAF wire in the engine bay and keep an eye on the multi meter.

A

Anonymous

Nice one thanks. Is there a diagram telling me which connection on the ecu is the maf?

Also do you know what voltage it should read when operating correctly?

Thanks again

Dan

R

rsnissan

if you go to the apexi site and look up the wiring diagrams for the SAFC it gives u the pin outs there. I wouldnt worry about the voltage reading so long as you get are reading as if it is as you suspect then all your looking for is a significant change in voltage when you move the wire.