Lowering springs help

G

GTI-R Kid

Need a little help with fitting a set of lowering springs. Long story short, I got these some time ago secondhand. Was going to fit them yesterday, but when I pulled them out I realised I didn't know which were for the front and which were for the rear. I think they're Cobra or PI springs but there are no markings on them.

Only differences I could see was that the pair on the left were about 20mm shorter when they were put standing side by side. Also noticed that the pair on the left have some tighter wound coils on them.

Can anyone tell me which pair is for the front and which is for the rear? Also, are the tighter coils supposed to be at the top or bottom? Any help much appreciated.

P

Pulsar_James

i have just fitted some whitline springs and the smaller ones were fronts and the tighter coils to the bottom as it carrys more weight

james

kevgti-r

Pulsar_James said:
i have just fitted some whitline springs and the smaller ones were fronts and the tighter coils to the bottom as it carrys more weight

james
my whiteline ones must be fitted wrong then:doh:

P

Pulsar_James

kevgti-r, does your R sit lower at the front or lower at the rear

james

P

Pulsar_James

oh rite, well mine sits lower at the front as did the lads who i bought the springs off and lad who lives near me and the other pulsars that was at the local meet - nevermind as long as they fit lol

james