lowering springs and roll cage!

faz

Im looking for a company to make me lowering springs and a roll cage!

The only springs I can get for my sunny is -35mm and I want more!

And looking at getting a roll cage fitted! (had a quote from a company, which will remain nameless, at £750 + vat) looking for a bit cheaper than that! :lol:

Any suggestions welcome!

Faz! :wink:

faz

would the outer dimensions of the car be the same? I know the floor plan is different but surely the that would be it?

and thanks gary, ive e-mailed that site, will let you know how I get on.

any1 else with a cage, would appreciate it if you could tell me where you got it? and how much it cost if you dont mind.

skiddusmarkus

I have a 2nd hand Cusco 6 point bolt in.I decided to have it fitted properly rather than BIY(bodge it yourself).
What surprised me was how much thought they're putting into the installation.It's not just aase of drilling a few holes and you're away.They are welding plates on top of and under the floorplan to strengthen it,otherwise if I actually did roll it,the bars would go straight through the floorand be completely useless.More dangerous in fact in case of a crash.They also want to strengthen certain parts of car to cope.
This is going to take quite a few hours(undetermined yet :cry: ) to do,so if that £750+vat was including fitting then it's not far off the mark.

G

GTI-R

Skids, you gotta have your car ready for JAe so we can all see it in person 8) :lol:

faz

that wasnt for fitting :( might have to think again about the cage! :?

Thanks for the link Nad, pretty much the same responses im getting unfortunately :(

Nad

Which bits of the replies arent u happy with?? If its the fitting cost, get a bolt in cage and get a local company to weld the plates in. Depends what u want to use the car for.

If its competition u will need an approved rollcage and fitter. I'm rallying mine so because of the safety issue cost isnt the main factor, but rather what the cage actually consists of.

Nad

faz

thought id show you all this (for those interested of course :lol: )

Sunny GTi-R
Pulsar
1991-1995

Eight point bolt-in cage originally built into import car.
Rear cage includes 'X' diagonal, backstay brace/ harness
bar and 'B' post mounting points.
Front cage includes options for either single or 'X' door bars.
MSA/FIA Homologation certificate.

Front Cage (Sing D/B's) £ 137.80 RBD323SSU
Front Cage ('X' D/B's) £ 159.00 RBD323SSX
Rear Cage (single D/B's) £ 217.30 RBD325SXU
Rear Cage ('X' D/B's) £ 259.70 RBD325SXX
Single Door Bar N/S £ 36.04 RBD32DSUN
Single Door Bar O/S £ 36.04 RBD32DSUO
X' Door Bar N/S £ 58.30 RBD32DXUN
X' Door Bar O/S £ 58.30 RBD32DXUO

faz

yeah Nad, that is safety devices...those prices don't include vat or deilvery although I was told delivery would only cost £20.