lower brace

nismoboy

Has anyone got either the cusco 2 / 4 point braces or the whiteline lower brace fitted with the 3 inch janspeed front pipe?

C

Crazy

http://bb.gtiroc.com/viewtopic.php?t=31081&start=15

Have look at the picture of Mr Gtir's lower brace with a 3 inch system, it has needed to be modified a little and after being under my car this weekend and looking how close the Mongoose front pipe is to my lower brace I would defo say with the Janspeed front pipe it will need modifying :roll:

Another little job on my never ending list :(

C

Crazy

Even with exhaust lagging it does not fit lads :(

Needs to be cut & box sectioned to clear the exhaust :roll:

coxie

8) i did mr gtir 's brace for him the same as i did mine.

ali welded a solid piece under then m/c out the useless bit in the miller :shock: :twisted:

stu

C

Crazy

Any chance you could do my whiteline brace for the right price??? :wink:

PLEASE :D

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
My cusco 4 point fitted, without to much bother either. The hardest bit was doing up the nuts on the flange. Anybody else have a problem with the nuts.

O

Odin

Crazy said:
Even with exhaust lagging it does not fit lads :(

Needs to be cut & box sectioned to clear the exhaust :roll:
What turbo are you useing fella, And who fitted it?.

I'm haveing the same sort of problem now I fitted my new turbo, And I'v put it down to the exhaust housing on my new turbo being set in the wrong position because the lug on the goose is now a couple of inches away from where it bolts to the underside of the gearbox.

So when I fit my new janspeed down pipe I'm going to take the turbo off first and have a play with it's position, See what diference that makes.

rob

C

Crazy

I am running a MD214 from Turbo Dynamics mate which was fitted by Power Station :wink:

My 3 inch front pipe lined up perfectly and bolted to the underside of the gear box fine so I am going to have to get it cut and box sectioned :roll:

Dooie Pop Pop

my mounting lug was bent out of posistion when i first got it. i bent it back :twisted:

iv come to the conclusion that its far easier to jack the front of the car right up and drop the manifold/tubby and frontpipe together.

cheers for the advice stu,

stu

nismoboy

stevepudney said:
My cusco 4 point fitted, without to much bother either. The hardest bit was doing up the nuts on the flange. Anybody else have a problem with the nuts.
so the 4 point cusco will fit with the janspeed front pipe?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
The front bar of the brace hits the underside of the Janspeed pipe and only needs about 10 - 15mm to clear it.

so, with the correct tool's and a lot of heat, (good old Oxy-Acetylene to the rescue again) I put a 100mm long, 5mm flat in the underside of the Janspeed pipe and put a similar 5mm hollow on the upper side of the front bar of the brace but that only needed to be about 30mm long, now it all clears a treat.