Low oil pressure problem, perfect bearings and internals?

peterkiwi

Well i brought a second gtir last week with 1 good and one bad engine put the good engine in all good and running but oil pressure is crap, ie 40 psi max cold and takes ages to rise from start, these measurements all taken through a external test guage and not the original GTIR guage.

Removed sump main bearing caps BE bearing caps all bearing like new, removed oil pump, also like new in amazing condition actually, engine came out of a GTIr that apparantely got trashed by streetkids in birmingham. Does anyone know of any other knowen faults that may cause lack of oil pressure? the engine is as quiet as a mouse when running. had new filter and new oil in also.

EVOBAD

do u no if crank has had recrinde at any time as bearings may look ok buy may be wrong 1s as uprated are needed or what brand of oil did u use

peterkiwi

sump does have a small dent in it will knock it out and try it today, was a bit sus about the oil filter but unlikely to be that. Crank hasn't been ground engine has never had sump off it til now. Cheers!

J

jpward

If the shells were burned then would that lower the oil pressure?? or if say a rod bolt went?

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Odin

jpward said:
or if say a rod bold went?

:der: Is that some funny paddy way of saying "ROD BOLT" matey :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

J

jpward

Thunder God said:
:der: Is that some funny paddy way of saying "ROD BOLT" matey :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob
Ok you got me there :twisted: slip of the finger and im no Paddy!

But would it?

O

Odin

jpward said:
Ok you got me there :twisted: slip of the finger and im no Paddy!

But would it?

Anything that damages the shell's can't be good for oil pressure can it :cry: , If this guys engine seems fine and he can't find any problems with it I might be tempted to try and new oil pressure sender and relief valve .

Rob

peterkiwi

Got my oil pressure back today bent sump back into shape and put a another new oil filter on it, my guess was the sump it wasn;t that far bent in but obvouisly enough. Cheers again! That one might well be up for sale now if you know anyone around edinburgh/scotland who's after a k plate with 60k on the clock absolutely no marks on the body. And i can confirm the engine is mint inside!!

T

tro||

peterkiwi said:
Got my oil pressure back today bent sump back into shape and put a another new oil filter on it, my guess was the sump it wasn;t that far bent in but obvouisly enough. Cheers again! That one might well be up for sale now if you know anyone around edinburgh/scotland who's after a k plate with 60k on the clock absolutely no marks on the body. And i can confirm the engine is mint inside!!
well i wont pat myself on the back for being right as usual :thumbsup:

when i see steve i'll pat his back and he can pat mine for a job well jobbed from the comfort of the sofa :lol:

the pick up sits so close to the sump pan it doesn't take a big dent to cause problems.

im a nice troll really, just not very good with the mongtards :lol: :lol: :lol: