low compression on 4th

ThermalPenguin

right i was told by a friend that i had some smoke coming out of my exhaust when i put my foot down on the slip road the other day so i did a compression test and i got 149,148,149,60

so i was just wodering if you guys had any advice as to what it could be i know the possibilities could be piston rings or head gasket but was just wondering if someone with a bit more experience with pulsars could narrow it down for me :)

Trip

Put a little oil in the cylinders and see if it changes.

Do the compression test with a good battery, at WOT and removing all 4 spark plugs.

If reading is higher, you most probably have piston damage (welcome to the club). If it doesn't change its most probably a head problem.

PulsarLee

Put a little oil in the cylinders and see if it changes.

Do the compression test with a good battery, at WOT and removing all 4 spark plugs.

If reading is higher, you most probably have piston damage (welcome to the club). If it doesn't change its most probably a head problem.
broken ring /ringland on piston deffo

new piston / stripdown im afraid

bensmith907

Welcome to the club, as trip says- put a little bit of oil down the 4th plug hole(about a spoons worth) if the pressure goes up its your pistons, if it stays the same it'll probably be your top end.

I have the exact same problem and Im changing my engine next week.

Good luck.

Last edited: