Marcello

long story short

• Car ran fine 1 month ago
  • Stock fuel Pump started to Make noise
  • Stright Swap for Bosch 984
  • Drove absoulty fine for 5 days stright going fast or slow on 12psi
  • Next Day..
I was at the lights and was going to give it a stab..So i did

But as it just hit boost it stoped and a massive bang happend.. There was a big cloud of Dark Black smoke that was so bad i couldnt see the cars behind me.

After that iv been getting massive hesitation cant even go over 2500rpm , cant go up hills pretty much hopeless..

so changed spark plugs..still no improvement

so now what iv done i got my self a Sard Fuel Regulator seeing that maybe it wasnt regulating

The results are

on idle ( 38 psi ) no worries idle smooth and very good

Start reving starts droping down to 15 - 20 sometimes even went to like 10 psi ...

Then i took it for a drive ( barely) came back opended up the bonnet and It was on 80psi!!!!

dont know if the standard afm maybe the problem but i know the afm is working . i can tell theres a difference in idle when i take it off

I need all the help i can get.. iv searched but this just isnt clear to me

any help would be much appreciated

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Have you checked you haven't blown a boost hose off?

Do a fault code check as well just to be on the safe side. There's a sticky in the help section.

Marcello

boost hoses are in top condition all t bolted on as well.. is there anything else i can do other then doing a fault check as i have no access to a diagnositcs tool at this time

johnny gtir

wires, earthng etc when you fitted new pump ? Where did you buy sard regulator as there are alot of cheap copies goin round so becarefull when or if you fit that.

Marcello

well the positive and negative are no where next to each other so im not to sure... i got the sard of ebay but this is even happening with my current regulator from 1 month ago

Marcello

no not reallly when the pressure was at 36psi it was perfect but now its reving very high due to the higer psi and strugles to idle when losing the pressure

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
How high is high?

I'd have thought higher fuel pressure would make it run very rich and make it rev lower, unless it had been previously set up too lean at idle.

Marcello

so i tryed this paper clip trick but nothing was happening

my problems have just gotten worse..

• Car wont stay on anymore
  • Warning light stays on

Marcello

tested the 2 harness that click into the pump

2pin Harness

1. 0
  2. 12.84 ( Stayed for 2 seconds)

3pin Harness

1. 7.43
  2. 11.95
  3. 0

So theres power ?

Marcello

OK so the car for some reason decided to start and idle fine

now i havent driven it yet as the engine light is just staying on and wont go off

bensmith907

I think what you've done now is you've entered mode 2 of the ecu. After every attempt of trying a fault code check you should remove the keys from the ignition. Basicly your now reading the oxy sensor. It'll probably flicker if you try to drive it and your ment to count how many times it flashes at certiam revs to determine. How rich the cars running.
Apparently noone uses it because its not very accurate