Loosing power, where do i start!!

J

jiw

Hi all, had my r on the road a few days now and just getting used to it, even saw off my first impreza!!

i bought the car with a rattley gearbox and had it rebuilt,i believe it has been stood for a while before i bought it, ive just started to drive it after 2 months in bits, during today the car doesnt seem to have the kick it used to have in the previous couple of days, it revs round to the redline and is meeting its target boost of 0.9 bar on the apexi, i have removed the dizzy cap to find it is furry on the contact points (corroded) so im gonna replace the rotor arm and dizzy cap asap, is their anything else that could be replaced at a fairly low cost, it has a set of hks plugs in it that seem in good nick, the leads look like they have been on the car from new so i guess ill need to be replacing them with the cap and arm.

anybody else have any ideas, i wouldnt mind running an ecu fault code check but im not sure how this is done, still browsing the forums to find a how too.

Help will be greatly appreciated as i aint got a clue where to start, never had anything to do with a turbo engine before, jeff.

E

Edd

jiw said:
fairly low cost
you bought the wrong car :lol: :lol: :lol:

nothings cheap with this car

sounds like it could do with a decent service, oil, oil filter, fuel filter, plugs, dizzy cap, rotar arm, leads and might be worth getting it setup or the fuelling checked 8)

J

jiw

Edd, tell me about it mate, just weird how the car seemed to pull like hell for the first couple of days now its flat, seems like it has a weak spark or something, it misses a bit and is a little hesitant to rev low down then it revs fine, my shopping list for tomorrow is:

plugs ----which brand/heat range i am yet to find out

leads----standard nissan

Cap and rotor arm

walbro fuel pump, mine is standard and im sure i need an uprated one

Also i dont think my apexi is set up professionally, im off to dp in about 6 weeks for a proper set up but this fault has only developed overnight so i better fix that first, also where is best to order the above bits from, i need to start enjoying this car or im gonna start cracking up soon, thank's, jeff.

J

jiw

Cheer's fastguy, just been outside but i have no check light in my dash, gonna have to whip the clocks out now, have a feeling this is gonna be a late one :shock:

J

jiw

Hi, just been out to car and found it had no check engine light, pulled the clocks out to find no bulb fitted, i finally got it all working to do a fault code check, i carried out the check to find a code 34--det sensor. this code is the only one to flash and keeps repeating itself.

intrested to know where to go from here now

car has the following mods:

mongoose exhaust

HKS filter

HKS afr

HKS SSQV

Apexi avcr set at 0.9 bar of boost

HKS plugs

I know the fuel pump is standard before even removing it from the tank as it has all of the standard nissan clips and the sticky patches around the wiring and the large plastic nut.these are all their untouched.

what could be causing a code 34???

jeff.

A

AJ4

The det sensor is broken or not working correctly. It is _extremely_ common on Pulsar :(

When the ecu senses that the det sensor is broken, it retards ignition to a 'safe' level, ie it drops the power. The only answer I'm afraid is to buy another sensor ;)

J

jiw

So how much is this sensor, also how hard is it to replace, id rather have the shock in the house than at my dealers lol

thank's, jeff

J

jiw

Det sensor ive found a part number and it is n2206030p00 and is apparently 182.13, i have also found one second hand but dont think this would be a wise choice.

so do i buy new, buy second hand or replace all the other suspected bits and bobs and leave the det sensor till last?

i need to join the nissan trade club i think, lol

hmmm

get a new DET Sensor mate...If u get a seconf hand one, it is much more likely it will go.

I have the same efault and have just oredered a new DET sensor.

youngsyp

You could try having a look at the wiring. I've read more than a few posts somewhere from people who have checked the wiring only to find that the terminals are all corroded, it is a 10 + year old car. Once cleaned up, they were fine. I'd give it a try, if only to save £182, you just never know :wink:

J

jiw

Mate, you have hit the nail on the head, i stripped the necessary bits off the car to remove the det sensor, whilst moving the wires they simply just snapped, gonna cut the rot out of the wire and run a new feed in with a new plug.

Hopefully this will solve my problems, i also noticed a small crack in the plastic casing, could this effect the performance of the sensor or not?

get a new DET Sensor mate...If u get a seconf hand one, it is much more likely it will go.

I have the same efault and have just oredered a new DET sensor.

where did you order it from and how long is the wait, ive called my dealers and they say £190 including vat and it will take till the 17th of august!!!

Thanks, jeff

Dooie Pop Pop

i strongly suggest you change you fuel/oil filters too and check the condition of your airfilter ie bugs.
fuel filter alone will rob your engine of power, should be done regular with every service mate. that is every 3-4k miles depending on how much you love your car running :wink:

hmmm

Oredered it through Nisaan and paid the same amount. Have been told that it should arrive on Monday.

J

jiw

Wow called mike at mjp last night and i have a det sensor in the post for tomorrow

supplied it for £178 including vat and postage, very very helpful man

id advise calling him for most oe parts as he is very reasonably priced, his number is 01277374201

jeff.