looking to buy a turbo..

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Doesn't it all depends on how much flow you want at what rev range?
Are you after something that spools up earlier, but maybe doesn't give you such a high BHP figure?
Are you chasing BHP and don't care about spool-up?
Do you want an OEM fit, or are you looking to put a new manifold/downpipe/wastegate in?

The GT28RS seems popular for quick spooling, but not much more than 300BHP. - Probably good for the street.
The 30721 (or whatever it's called) seems like the one people like for big BHP, when they don't mind a bit more lag. - Probably good for drag races.
You could even get one of those twin-scrolling evo jobies if you wanted; there's a guy on here (in Canada) who can sell you the turbo and manifold to run it.

pulsar craig

2 bar seems abit excessive for general fast road, im running a gt2871r and im very impressed with it, boosts lovley at 1.5bar and not much lag at all really

Gav_Kara

Are you after something that spools up earlier, but maybe doesn't give you such a high BHP figure?
Do you want an OEM fit, or are you looking to put a new manifold/downpipe/wastegate in?

The GT28RS seems popular for quick spooling, but not much more than 300BHP. - Probably good for the street.

im running a GT2871R mate it says only rated around 300bhp but mine hit 331.6 on rollers with only 1.2bar and there rated too 2bar spool up is good no lag at all on full boost by 3k ish and on rr held boost perpect too 6.5k but my bov had a leak at them rpm... if it was me i would either go for what i got GT2871R or the GT3071 mate these two are most popular without too much pissing about

J

jpward

im running a GT2871R mate it says only rated around 300bhp but mine hit 331.6 on rollers with only 1.2bar and there rated too 2bar spool up is good no lag at all on full boost by 3k ish and on rr held boost perpect too 6.5k but my bov had a leak at them rpm... if it was me i would either go for what i got GT2871R or the GT3071 mate these two are most popular without too much pissing about
Gav's made the same point I was going to in that 2Bar on a GT25 is a lot different than 2Bar on a GT35!!!
About 300hp worth of air id guess :lol:

You need to really give us more details of your setup and time spent on road V's track ps you can also look over on http://www.atpturbo.com/root/turboinfo/gtlineup/gtlineup.htm they offer more options ;-)

J

jpward

do anyone or has any one fit a vnt turbo on there pulsar?
Dont believe anyone has, as you would really need a full stand alone to control the unit and most only have piggy backs or remaps so just changing the turbo to a VNT could see a lot more cost for not that much in the way of low down gains. The GT3071R and GT3079R seam to be the most used as little extra is used to install them you could even keep them internal gated if you so wished negating the need for an expensive wastegate's and new downpipes though you could be dicing with Surge.

They also come on song well just do a quick search all the info is on here about results etc.