Looking to be getting a GTiR very soon...

Sam_M

Hi, been spending alot of this evening researching into Pulsar GTiR`s so thought id register on here.

Im looking to get a Pulsar pretty soon. Decided that I fancy going Jap, and for use as an everyday car, wanted something with good power, fun drivability and also ive been looking to getting a 4wd motor. Im also a fan of rare cars and the Pulsar sounds right up my street (well actually the girlfriend said why not go for a Pulsar, everyones scared of those :D). At present I own a Renault 11 Turbo, and I love it. Driven these cars for years, but decided now its time to put it aside for use at trackday events.

Now im looking to be spending around 4k on a Pulsar, quite happy to get one in its standard form. Looking at the prices on Autotrader, it seems that 4k should get me a pretty decent Pulsar?? what do peeps think on this?? Insurance is not a problem, ive already got a quote for £464, and being 29 with full no claims helps a hell of alot :D.

Its pretty likely ill end up looking for a moderate power increase, seems like im hearing similar things on that upping the boost to 1bar, and filter, exhaust transforms the car considerably yet still keeping reliability.

Anyway, im hoping once the moneys all sorted, ill have a Pulsar in the next few weeks

Regards
Sam

A

Andybtsn

Welcome to the club Sam,

Yep, your right, £4k will get you a very nice Pulsar with modifications to match, the going price it seems for R's at that price do have modifications, which isn't a bad thing, just saves you a whole lot of money!

I picked mine up standard 3 weeks ago for 2.5k and I can't fault it, minor blemishes on the paint work and minor modifications.

There's some minter's for sale on this site too.

Where abouts are you located?

Andy

Sam_M

Hi Andy, Christ that was cheap what you got yours for, didnt expect them to go for that amount Standard. Im located in the Brighton Region, been talking to a few people about Pulsars today and they all say, great cars to go for, so Ive now got my heart set on getting one ASAP

Cant wait :)

mattygti-r

reliable daily driver lol.... :p

seroiusly they are a good cheap car to have, you will have a good time in an R :)

P

Pete

hi there and :welcome: 2 the GTIROC i would try and look 4 peeps on the forum if anybody selling theres R 4 about 4k good luck :becky: :becky: