Looking into getting some ARP bolts and studs made...

S

Sirnixalot

I know youguys are going to say in depending on price but i thought i would let you know that i am planning on sending ARP a few of the standard bolts and studs to be replicated.

Head bolt------------replicated into a stud
Main bolts-----------replicated into a stud
Cam cap bolts
Flywheel bolts

so how many sets of each should i tell them we want?

R

robinsongtir

yep count me in saves me having my head machined to use porsche 911 ones.Depending on the price :wink:

skiddusmarkus

I'm interested.I nkow they're stonger,but how do studs work then?Do you have a nut on the top inside head to hold it in place?

S

Sirnixalot

studs have 2 threads, on side threads into the block finger tight, then you slot the head gasket over them, then the head, then you torque the nuts down on the studs.

works the same for the main caps but without the gasket

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Is there any advantage to a stud over a bolt except maybe making it abit easier to slide the head over studs instead of trying to get bolts through the head/gasket into the block?

S

Sirnixalot

OK,

It looks like the regular DE and RWD DET main cap bolts are the same as the GTi-R so no need for custom ones there. (no i didnt get a price on them).

The Head studs however ARP is almost certain that its a custom order job.
The more people we have buying the less they will cost. I will get a call back in a day or 2....definately by the end of the week with a price quote for just my set and a price quote for 5 and 10 sets.