Looking for a member in Hertfordshire

Sween

Hello guys, I hope this is in the right section. I have an R with a recently rebuilt engine and since getting the car back to run it in it has been running like a bag of nails. The guy who rebuilt it (who is a good friend) is at a loss to explain it and suggests it may need mapping, however others tell me that it should not need a map. After trying to look at the MAF the other day it burst a fuel hose in my face and dumped its fuel tank all over my driveway :doh:

At that point I just put it back in the garage as I was seriously started to consider throwing a lot match on it :lol:

It is hugely frustrating as the car has been off the road for 2 years! I have only recently got the car back, taxed, insured and MOT'd it and 3 weeks ago it was running ok. In fact it was running so well I decided to shell out 80 quid for me and the missus to go to Mod Nats in it and now I feel like it was money wasted.

Anyway enough rambling, what I was hoping for is someone local with good knowledge of the R and mechanics who could pop over and give the car a good look over and offer there advice. The car is currently not mobile so cant meet as such but can offer as many cups of tea as you can consume :-D

Can anyone help me out?

P

pulsarboby

jon, if i get a chance then il have a look over her for you ive got to collect a customers car from harlow next wednesday for a rebuild so how far away are you from there as il kill 2 birds as they say!
will cost you a nice cuppa though and slice of cake:lol:

as said on phone though it deffo wont need mapping it should run ok as is

Sween

Thanks Bob I would really appreciate that. Harlow is about 15/20 miles from me so not too bad. As luck would have it I am 'Working from home' next Wednesday as well :) so can meet you and will happily supply tea, the cake we can discuss lol