Looking at a H plate R for £3490

lilmark

Hello

Im a newbie on the forum but joined a while ago when i first started to look for a pulsar i am like a girl buying new shoes when it comes to buying a new car (very fussy) but sadly not seen any yet but i am going to look at 1 at a local importers on sunday which is a 1990 H plate with 40,000 miles in storm grey metallic it has already got multi spoke alloys look like 16 or 17", turbo timer, HKS dump valve, Apexi air filter, sports exhaust (doesnt say what make), an a Cat 1 alram.

I have only seen pics of the car, in which it looks like it could be a mint condition car they are asking £3490 for it i am just not sure if this is a resonable price as i have seen some priced for less and more but did not look as good as this 1

kenan

South West Regional Rep
There is loads of cheap cars around at the moment, would want a BIMTA check on the millage.

Would reccomend driving a few before you buy one as I had to look at a fair few before I found a good one (I hope)

lilmark

i have spoken to the garage an they have told me they have got a hpi report on the car it has been in the country for 3 years an its millage is correct an that they have got the number of the last owner who imported the car himself who i am going to ring before i put pen to paper if the car is perfect.

I have lost count of how many pulsars i have drove the last couple of weeks an i have drove some really bad ones an some goods one, when i have been to look at the cars i ahve taken my mate who owns a pulsar an i have printed the buers guide of here an take it with me an take a look at the main things that says to check

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Sounds like you know what your doing then :)

Suprising how many bad car out there are advertised as *mint* etc :doh:

lilmark

Tell me about it went to look at one on monday it was a private seller he was asking 4k for it cause it was "mint" it was parked on the path outside his house so had a cheeky look around the car an didnt even bother knocking at the door cause it was that bad

Keira

the first one i ever looked at was on a forecourt for 6k, it looked like utter cr@p, the owner of the car sales place saw me looking and came over asking if i was interested in a pulsar, i simple said...'yeah, but not that heap of over priced cr@p' :shock: then walked away, got in my car and drove off :lol:

lilmark

Haha it really does amaze me as to what people try to sell, seen 1 which had everything running just over 300bhp looked really nice an was getting excited over it but when i asked him what was it like starting from cold he was fast to reply it starts 1st time every time then i felt the bonnet an it was still warm as though he had it running before i arrived but still had a look around the car an it was a nice looking car which had a rebuild with receipts asked him for a test drive but he was like no he will drive it as i was not insured but his face dropped when i told him im a mechanic an have a trade policy good job really the clutch was knackered an when i started the car it was like some 1 had put a bag of nails in the oil filler cap, i dont think he was to happy when i asked him is that why your selling it then

M

mynheers_a_pint

i was debating posting as a n00b, but i have just come home today, with a K reg gunmetal GTi-R, with very low miles and mint coach work, for 4k. I'll be honest i looked for a while and finding one this good wouldn't be 3490. sorry dude, unless your willing to wait for that 1 in a million....

Fire & skill

Vintage member
mynheers_a_pint said:
i was debating posting as a n00b, but i have just come home today, with a K reg gunmetal GTi-R, with very low miles and mint coach work, for 4k. I'll be honest i looked for a while and finding one this good wouldn't be 3490. sorry dude, unless your willing to wait for that 1 in a million....
where did you pick that one up from?

M

mynheers_a_pint

i got it from an importer, so i'm the first UK owner. I will be posting pics tomorrow but after the investigations i did, i think i got a small bargain. It does, unfortunatly have a few very small parking dents but driving it home today, and having some jumped up douche in a Cupra R try to out accellerate me to a junction, i am very, very impressed. Only mods are a set of RSR alloys and a Kakimoto exhuast which is incredibly quite.

lilmark

When i was talking about the millage being 40,000 miles it has been converted from kph im goin to look at it on sunday with the mot tester from work whos been working on cars all his life an me mate who owns a pulsar so between them they will rip the car to pieces before i hand over any money if its worth the money an if i get it i will post pics up on here if i figure out how to do

serks2

lilmark said:
When i was talking about the millage being 40,000 miles it has been converted from kph im goin to look at it on sunday with the mot tester from work whos been working on cars all his life an me mate who owns a pulsar so between them they will rip the car to pieces before i hand over any money if its worth the money an if i get it i will post pics up on here if i figure out how to do

dont waste your time mate,, 40,000 miles,,,:lol: :lol: its best you buy from somebody that will actually give you correct info and who is honest,,,!

come on your a mechanic for crying out loud :doh: you dont need us to tell you!!!!!! you should know these things.,,

i just advise you to be patient and not jump at the first one you see,

good luck

davey red.r

youve only gotta change pedals and steering wheel, to make it look like a forty thousander,should have full history from japan then has it??;-) so are your mechanics goin to take the head off it?and have a look?for you;-)

A

Adamantium

davey red.r said:
so r u bying mine then ?youl not get better than a kwik fit fitter,:lol: :lol:
I think yours is too expensive for me Davey :p
And it's miles away...
And i've seen no piccies!! :doh: