Long Wheel Nuts?

billy187

I have changed to some hubs with longer wheel studs in my build just in case i decide to go for a different set of wheels later on down the line, now im not using any spacers with my current wheels so need some (lightweight) nuts that will screw all the way in and tighten the wheels?

Some links to where i could get some would be good...

Cheers

skiddusmarkus

Yeah, just get some open nuts then they are perfect for any stud.I have a set of longer studs and nuts I bought ages ago, think it was from Rallynuts.I never fitted them and probably won't now as I have 2 sets of wheels that both clear my brakes and am probably goignt to sell my track wheels with slicks on as they need spacers to do the same.

olliecast

Use open ended lightweight steel nuts mate. I'll dig the box out for mine, were about 50 quid and perfect for the long studs I run to make the scruitineers happy.

billy187

Cheers thanks for that guys, ollie you got a link of where you got yours from?

Would prefer some with the same style locking nuts included aswell...

olliecast

Search under my username for wheel studs mate as I put them on there. Each one needs the locking key to get off so idal for you.

I'd look myself but on my way down barry island for a piss up and riding weekend :)

Trip

If using open ended nuts, the stubs will be exposed to the elements and will rust. I suggest you put some copper grease on exposed areas.