Loads of oil around spark plugs

JasonR

Hi just changed the spark plugs in my car and they were all covered in oil also the car has been using a lot of water in the last month or so anyone got any ideas of what this could be? any help would be great cheers Jason.

Animaldaz

You have to remove the cam cover to replace them, so you will need a new gasket plus the 4 o rings, nissan sell them seperately.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Was the oil on the tip (part that goes into the combustion chamber) or around the part that you put the plug spanner on?

If it's the first, then it could be worn rings or other engine wear. If it's the 2nd, then rocker seals as said above.

If you're using water you may have a leak in anyone of the umpty million hoses in the water system. 7 of them are hidden on the back of the engine. It's possible you may have a head gasket on the way out or a leaky radiator. It might be worth getting the cooling system pressure tested to try and find the cause.

JasonR

most of the oil was on the part that you put the spanner on and a little on the tip , i have changed the radiator already i think i will get it into the garage and get them to pressure test it