Little help!!

Big Sve

Hope i dont get ripped for posting this prob i got (after my discussion with thunder on stupid post :shock: )

Im getting a grinding noise and vibration when i change gear in high revs between first and second when i release the clutch and get back on the power. A friend seems to think its the syncros? but im a dunce when it comes to this stuff. anyone had any similar things and know wat im in for... is that a cheque book i hear opening.. again :evil: :evil: :evil:

P

pulsarboby

are you sure its not just release bearing, making a noise? this could happen between 1st and 2nd
is it a gear crunching type noise or a heavy whirring, squealing type noise?

Big Sve

its a short quick very audible grinding noise and i can feel it thru the gear stick and clutch pedal. only happens between first and second and only when i change quickly in high revs and get back on the power to keep the boost up. my mate had same prob in his gto but his was all the time not just in high revs :shock:

tomble

does sound like a syncro. when i shift from 4-5 at high revs it grinds slightly. i just treat it with respect, as i cannot afford a g/box rebuild at this point in time.

should last for miles if you're nice to it :)

tom