limp mode i think

Godzilla

took my car to the garage this morning to weld the pedal box managed to get it in gear with some mole grips holding the split, anyway as the battery was dead this week and iv now got no dash at all . the boost gauge(aftermarket) is not atached and obviously mrros and anything electric wont work ,i know there will be major boost leak but i could only drive it upto at a guess 1500-2000 revs before it started to kangaroo really bad, is this limp mode or am i going to have problems for no reason when the dash is all back in. thanks

it was running perfect before the pedal box went

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Normally "limp-home mode" doesn't allow your car to rev more than 3000rpm, in a nut shell it stops you from boosting your turbo.

Your symptoms sound like it could be something else?

**With your boost gauge not connected, have you blocked up the vacuum pipe from the gauge to the engine?

Godzilla

No I left it dangling that's why at mo I'm not thinking anything is wrong just something unpluged etc like boost gauge pipe

Godzilla

silly me got car back and plugged the boost gauge back in also fitted clocks drove it home and hey presto it worked . so never try and drive with vacum open lol