limp home mode

P

pulsar_alan

i was going to a rolling road day..on the way thru to it,i decided to put my boost upto 1.4bar..stupid i know..!! i should just stick to the 1.1bar..anyway,as the boost was starting to kick in the warning light on my greddy E-01 started to bleep then the boost died a little..it was like it hit a limiter or sumthing..so i got to dastek where the r/r day was being held and had a wee check of my intercooler hoses and connections on the boost controller,but there was nothing unusual there..any ideas on wot ive done..the car is running ok,no smoke or unusual noises,if u slowly put the foot down it boosts ok..the problem is when i put the accelerator down quickly it flutters and limits boost to 0.5bar..do u think the gtir coulda went to limp home mode or sumthing..?? :? :(

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Sounds like you may have been detting and the det sensor kicked in telling the ecu to cut boost and retard the timing. It should reset when you turn the car off, until you det again.

bengilmore

Ye thats what happened me last week, did a fault code check and it came up as the detonation sensor circuit.

Am I right in saying the detonation sensor circuit is the same as the knock sensor :?: :?