leaving the gtir/ experiences

mohsan

i would like to hear from R owners that left the gtir due to whatever it may of been, and what they think of the replacement cars they are driving now and whether they look back. The gtir is bags of funny and bags of £££ to go with it, ive known some people to go on to german diesels and left real happy and some gone to honda vtecs and real happy again, i would like to know from people who had good Rs

T

Toady

well i sold my uk sunny a few years ago now, to pay off some debts and get my 1st house. I had a cheap little R5gtt after it which i rebuilt the engine on, and done loads to, it was very quick, kept up with my mates uk wrx in the dry! but it was never as good as the R, so as soon as i could afford to i sold the 5 and got the R i have now! :D

mattygti-r

selling the pulsar to go to an R32 GTR and a Mazda RX7 FD3S

2 totally different cars,

will let you know how i get on,

M

memski

I miss my R, drive a german diesel turbo to work and have an fd for weekends but still miss the R :cry:

Keira

well im one of the weird fookers who went from a gtir to.....................

another gtir :shock: :lol: :lol:

a gtir i've never even sat in the drivers seat of let alone drive anywhere :shock: :lol: and i've no intention of selling my previous one either...i love them and nothing comes close to them in my eyes :oops:

i was with discodave saturday and had to go to a cash machine, walking back to my car i looked at the sh i tter and it was at the perfect angle that makes the gtir look so f u c k ing menacing :twisted: and i thought to myself that looks the bol lox :oops: 8) :lol:

as for the rest of you losers, sling your hook :wink: :lol:

Keira

memski has taken to wearing unbuttoned at the neck shirts and medallions since owning a sporty coupe :shock: :lol:

M

memski

kieron said:
memski has taken to wearing unbuttoned at the neck shirts and medallions since owning a sporty coupe :shock: :lol:
lol shut it queeron :lol:

Dooie Pop Pop

kieron said:
i reckon the Hasselhoff look would suit you Memski :wink: :lol:

mattygti-r said:
behave, what you have now is much better :lol: :wink:
what.....a.....clam :roll: :lol: why on earth did you buy one if all you worry about is how the car looks :wink: :lol:

it may be ugly, it may not have the sleekest of lines but imho NOTHING clears a path better than a rear view full of ugly black cheesegrater :twisted:

as a wise man once said :wink: long live the R! :D :D :D

geetee

matty has clearly made too much dosh selling his knock-off dials and boost controllers he finds in cornflake packets.

Got that oil from under your nails yet matty? oh, no sorry, I was confusing you with someone who knows what goes on under the bonnet..... :lol:

J

jiw

im breaking mine up to fund an evo 6 or a honda s2000, i would probably keep the R if i had the facilitys to work on a car but it is too old now and i simply dont have the space i used to have when i first got it, if i where to keep it and get it to the spec i was aiming for i would have to use a garage to do the engine work etc and i dont trust nobody to work on my car, even if its free :lol:

kyepan

sold the gtir to Toady's mate, he's loving it.

sold it to move out, but still here at dads,

bought a sunny to save money, but it drank nearly as much fuel, and dad wrote it off..

I miss my car :cry:

but not the bills :twisted:

get one if you love cars more than your bank balance.

mohsan

The R

jiw id like to see what you say after you got your honda s2000 or evo 6, i think the honda will be a better idea, if you wana save your ££ that is. Itl have to be a good performance car for you not to miss the R. But bloody hell do these things take ££ to run or what!

S

stomski

had 3 loved them all, especially the 2nd one which LJ's got. Sold the last one to fund a R33 but that particular wod of cash went into a house.

wouldnt mind another 1, but it would have to be standard as i'd want to learn a bit more doing bits and bobs and taking it apart.

currently driving a meriva,looking for a runaround (r5 turbo) and another weekend car,possible another R :roll: :wink:

Well Sold my first R which matty GTI-R knows/knew was MINT, I mean spotless, no scratches, dents or anything, this was to pay for a wedding, 2 months before the wedding me and my wife to be seperated.

To annoy her decided to by another R, this time even more hi-spec, but sold this for house deposit,

Mortgage going through on my 2 bed apartment in kings hill wesat malling (which is about 10 mins walk from my work) so once moved in looking to buy another car..

Had a Lancia, R33 GTR, GT4 and various other cars including the EVO6 I have a buyer for now, have to say I am considering another R once house all kitted out etc

BUT

Would prefer an EVO 3/4 or above as well but depends on insurance etc as well as they are silly insurance for what they are..

mattygti-r

carl your R was mint sad that it had to go, :cry:

evo 6 is a good choice as to what you have at the moment, not really a fan of the early evos tbh

reason im going for another jap car rather than a pulsar is that ive had the R for a few years now, fancy a change of car to something which is more comfy for long distance etc, (as im giong to be doing alot of traveling for work now too). not on how it looks (that is the reason for the rex thou, the gtr i think is not a good looking car at all)

seeing memskis rx7 the other week decided me to go with my heart and order an rex as well , couldnt change the order on the skyline as its already gone throu.

also ive done what ive wanted to the pulsar , im not willing to spend more money on a larger turbo etc, fmic etc etc when id rather buy another car.

reason i bought it in the first place over 2yrs ago stu is that i really liked the R (and still do, but not as much as i did). not many of them were about then ---

respect the hard work that alot of people on this forum put into their gtirs -- kieron for one, and good luck with your "yellow weapon".

also i really get fookd off with the exhuast note from the car with that mongoose on it, and want something abit more sensible to drive to work in, yep its great for A-B road blasts but ive just lost the "magic" that i did have for it when i first go the car.

im lucky enough to be able to go for a GTR and a Rex im sure many people on this forum wouldnt mind giong for another jap car like that, not saying there is anything wrong with Pulsars but at the moment just not for me.

Dooie Pop Pop

Matty have your balls dropped? thats the most sensible thing you' ve said in ages :wink: :lol:
hope everything goes exactly the way you want it to 8)

Keira

mattygti-r said:
respect the hard work that alot of people on this forum put into their gtirs -- kieron for one, and good luck with your "yellow weapon".
creeping will not save you :wink:

im lucky enough to be able to go for a GTR and a Rex im sure many people on this forum wouldnt mind giong for another jap car like that
agreed 8) ,

all your fellow homosexual members would probably agree with you about that :shock: :lol: :lol:

B

big boy

sold my r 2 years ago really loved it at the time but now got a r32 gtr its diffrent league to the pulsar.