Leaving off the inlet manifold Y bracket!!!

MarkTurbo

Just wondered if it was really needed and does anyone leave it off when they refit their engine :lol:

I'm leaving off all the top mount brackets anyway cos i'm fitting a front mount but i cant really see that the Y bracket does much, apart from making it a pain in the a**e to get to things :roll:

Mr GTiR

Out of the 5 bracket that connect to the back of the block i think 2 are left on mine but can't remember which ones. I know you need the starter motor one. I think the big Y ones can be slung but don't hold me to that.

MarkTurbo

I'm gonna leave it off i think :wink:

My engine will probably be out again within the next year anyway for a new clutch or another gearbox rebuild :lol:

ex-gtir

dont do it nissan put it there for a reason to surport a fecking heavy plenhum and throttle bodies youll get leaks from the manifold
just my two cents worth

M

Muppet

Mines been off for a year now and Robs has been off for even longer than that. Both of our cars run perfect.

regards muppet.

MarkTurbo

Maybe it was put there for a reason, probably the same reason they put that huge cast iron bracket that does f**k all on the front of the block :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ex-gtir

MarkTurbo said:
Maybe it was put there for a reason, probably the same reason they put that huge cast iron bracket that does f**k all on the front of the block :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
that for the aircon dip sh1te :lol:
why leave it off anyway save very small amount of weight and helps to change the starter motor but they hardly fail anyway

MarkTurbo

ex-gtir said:
that for the aircon dip sh1te :lol:
But my car came from the factory without air con fitted to it numb nuts :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure about the Y bracket now, everyones confusing my little brain :lol: :lol: I'll sleep on it :wink: And i dont mean the bracket :roll: :lol:

M

Muppet

well I was very happy I left it off when the one water pipe started leaking around the back of my engine and had to replace it with a new one. Still a awkward job though.

regards muppet.

Mr GTiR

Like Mike said leave the bracket that supports the plenium (think it's for the starter as well). I've just binned the ones that was not surporting anything. The main one is there for a reason :shock:

O

Odin

My opinion is that nissan put it there for the rally car's because they do a lot of jumping and hard landing's, And is only really fitted to the road car'e because they had to fit it because of the rule's on the road car's being the same as the rally car.

Lot's of other car's have big heavy inlets and plenum's fitted but don't use a braket like this :? ,

I have removed mine also :wink: .

rob

Keira

i'm confuzzed now to :roll: although it cant be heavier than the turbo, and that aint got a bracket...... some say do, some say dont, i know ginga aint had no problems, and some others now saying they havn't....

BUT...

as part of cunning plans lack of development :wink: :lol: i may look at making up a different bracket that will still support the plenum but not be a complete cnut to work around... 8)

thinking cap on me thinks :?

O

Odin

kieron said:
Well that should take up all of 30 second's matey, One brain cell can't think for long can it :lol: .

rob

MarkTurbo

vpulsar said:
kieron said:
Well that should take up all of 30 second's matey, One brain cell can't think for long can it :lol:
30secs :shock: I think you're being a bit generous there Rob :wink: It wont even take that long :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've just put the clutch and flywheel back on, the gearbox and transferbox are just about to go on now and then its bracket time :p

But after being up all night worrying about it (not :lol: ) i'm leaving it off :?

Keira

very f u ck ing funny nobbers :roll:

i'm going to do it now just to spite you all when/if your manifilds leak and you will have to bow down to the design/engineering genius that i am :wink: :lol:

O

Odin

kieron said:
bow down to the design/engineering genius that i am :wink: :lol:

there you go again useing them big word's again n0bber :roll: .

Genius and kieron don't really work in the same sentence do they :roll: :?: In my opinion ameba and Kieron works much better :lol: :wink: .

rob