Leaking roof?

S

Stoned

I dont understand this. I came out this morning to find my drivers side chair soaked and it's only been raining lightly. The sunroof all appears to be closed correctly and the windows too.

The roof lining is dripping on the drivers side and clearly where the water is comming down from. How can this be?

Any ideas?

I've had my car in much heavier rain and it's been as dry as a bone.

JIMMYBACK

justa thought....does the pipe for the rear window washer go under the roof lining and if so could it be that :D

paz

I think maybe your sunroof is leaking and its come through there and moved about before doaking through the roof lining - seems mine does it every now and then as well.

Try pushing your sunroof up slightly whilst its closed and seeeing if theres any movement, i'm guessing that would indicate its not completely water tight. Not sure what you'd do to fix it, maybe new rubbers?

paz

R

rsnissan

mine did that turned out it was the drainage hose had fallen off from the sunroof. Any water that gets passed the seal should drain down the A-Pillar unless the hose has come off then it drains down the sodding lining onto the seat lol :roll:

paz

rsnissan said:
mine did that turned out it was the drainage hose had fallen off from the sunroof. Any water that gets passed the seal should drain down the A-Pillar unless the hose has come off then it drains down the sodding lining onto the seat lol :roll:
how did you fix that then fella?

paz

R

rsnissan

Take the headlining off then you will see a couple of outlet that the hose fits round on the front left and front right corners of the sunroof.

The hose simply reattaches (put a zip tie round it to stop it falling off again :wink: )

the longest/hardest part is the getting the headlining out u only need to remeove it enough to get accecc to the sunroof mech tho.

S

Stoned

Yep, exactly what has happened to me

Water gone down the lining and dripped onto the seat making a nasty water stain

Bit pissed off about that. Another job for the weekend!

S

Stoned

rsnissan said:
Take the headlining off then you will see a couple of outlet that the hose fits round on the front left and front right corners of the sunroof.

The hose simply reattaches (put a zip tie round it to stop it falling off again :wink: )

the longest/hardest part is the getting the headlining out u only need to remeove it enough to get accecc to the sunroof mech tho.
Cheers Rnissan, you were spot on!

I put the hose back on and got a cable tie round it nice and tight. Think the damage is already done to the roof lining though as it appears to have shrunk in the wash and doesnt quite meet the door rubber liner now :(

nm, least no wet seat when it next rains!

R

rsnissan

Cool Glad to help

you could try getting the lining wet again (use this as a chance to wash the headlining :wink: ) and then clamp it in place somehow until it dries stretched out again :?: :idea: