Le Mans 2010

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Does anyone go to Le Mans?

I've been going for quite a few years, but as we are all car nutters (apparently) no-one mentions it or very rarely on the forum.

Just wondered if anyone is going this year and if you would risk going in the GTiR :thumb:

jamesgtir

ive been going for 5 years now. last year was the first time in the R and i can say its amazing. ive never seen another R out there. means i get all the attenion, mainly dutch "what the hell is that" would be good to see another R out there. especially when all the brits meet at anarge. as long as your car is prepared for the event your be fine.
just be warned you will get caught speeding and fined, normally pissing a porsche drivers off like i did. "yes its a nissan" ha

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
just be warned you will get caught speeding and fined
Not in a TDi VW you don't :thumb: :lol:

I've never seen a GTiR at Le Mans, however I went in my mates Evo a few years back and considering that people are car enthusiasts, shouting "BURN OUT" at a 4WD Evo on mad Friday makes you wonder :der:

ashills

i went 3-4 years ago in my first r and it was the bext drive ever awesome road trip and some great roads
and lots of exotica to race , leaving a m3 csl at 140 on a toll road was good

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Yeah the race is on from 12-13 June. I'll be there from Wednesday (9th) onwards building my beer fortress 8)

Mr C

Does anyone go to Le Mans?

I've been going for quite a few years, but as we are all car nutters (apparently) no-one mentions it or very rarely on the forum.

Just wondered if anyone is going this year and if you would risk going in the GTiR :thumb:
I'll be there from Wednesday, not in the Pulsar though, going with my mate in his 'teg Type R and a bunch of others from the SXOC.

I'll be easy to spot, I'm kinda funny looking :-D

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Stocked up, stickered up, now just getting my check list and my Euro's

God the exchange rate is pants!!!!

jamesgtir

my car all stickered up ready to go, minus a few tents cases of lager and fuel.

hopefully see some more Rs out there, if not i spose il get all the dutch "what is it" ahhhhhhhhh

Pulsey

great photos i love the night shots

as to going next year i will be there in my R:) so maybe sort something out early next year ?

hkspulsar

I'm defo going next year, not been for the last two and getting massive withdrawl symptoms.

All my mates said it was brilliant.

Just need to mug someone off to come with me to share the fuel bill and will be taking the R!!

We always camp at tertre. Good atmosphere and free elec!!