laser alignment advice + best tyres

DRC

Right i was wondering who provides a 4 wheel lazer alignment for my R i am in Leicester (not walkers as they had no idea what they where doing last time).
And ...... will i need differnt settings as the car is lowered 60 mm front and 30 mm rear. ? everything else is stock . ( other than front and rear strut braces) .

I am also after two new front tyers (17") do people still rate Toyo T1Rrs......?

And lastly is there a front camber adjust kit for these cars as mine is out ( to much negative) and has shagged my new tyres in under 1000 miles.

Thanks

Last edited:

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Whiteline do a camber bolt kit. Same as the one for the GTR as thats where mine came from.

DanDud

As Bracpan said above. More than likely your trackings out.

Settings wise try something similar to this for road use, you might need more camber on the fronts for serious track use.

Do Jims castor mod on the front struts
try -1.2 camber on the fronts
try -1.0 camber on the rears
tracking parallel all round
run the rear 15mm higher than the front

Iv tried a few different setups and have found this works brilliantly on the road! Need a bit more negative camber for track use though. Pushes wide when you go in too fast, but i just have to lift off and the back steps out a bit :D

Oh and goodyear eagle F1's are ace tyres in my opinion. T1R's also good though.

I have t1r's and there very good, especially for the price! Yes, you will need to set up yor tracking and your camber as the because its been lowered you will find the cambers out which will be another big factor in destroying the insides of your tyres!

olliecast

very similar to dan dud.
I`m running alot of -`ve on the fronts and have no real wear issues. Running -1.2 ish on the back.
Paraellel tracking all around.

I`ve been to nottingham alignment services, and although good, would only adjust camber via top mounts. Wouldn`t do anything with the camber bolts in the standard ~45 quid sessions. Very nice lads all the same, and 100% the place i would take mine back to if i weren`t doing it myself now.
Just make sure you book your slot longer if you want the camber setting via cam bolts (or if your using jic coilovers ;-)).

Height wise i run as close to 15mm higher at the back than the front, just make sure the car is perfectly flat if setting the height yourself.

Good luck,
ollie

darkyGTI-R

T1rs all day long mate have them on mine just the front though as can't afford rear at mo but will do soon lol they are very good in wet and dry and i have noticed a great difference since having the goodyear ones taken off allot more grip:thumbsup: