LAP corparation ecu.....

turbodaily

guys got a LAP ecu. has 2 eproms in it, presume one is stock map and the other modified. there is a switch which im guessing determins what map it runs..

wondering how to know what position of the switch runs what map? :lol:

anyone know?

cheers

nex

i think if you search PLMS who make some of these things they may have the details on their site, i have def seen it somewhere - but i thought it was a jumper not a switch.

olliecast

I used to use a plms board. Yours looks similar with the two programmable chips.
http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/daughterboards.shtml

If you want to program the chips, you`ll need an eprom programmer. Its a pain in the arse as you have to keep removing the ecu and taking out the chips, unless you buy an emulator.
here`s instructions to make a programmer:
http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/ozipicer/plms_ozipicer.shtml

I can look at the maps and compare them if you want. They can be pulled using the datascan you pm`ed me about. You`ll just have to do it once with the switch in one position, then move it to the other and download it again. Take note of the switch position then we can have a look at the maps and she whats what.

just give me a buzz and we`ll sort something out,
Cheers,
ollie

Last edited:

sypher

Turn the ECU over and remove the underside cover, I will guess at if the wires from the switch go to CJ1 and CJ2 this switch will select either stock map held in the ECU or the additional map held in the daughter board EPROMs ( there is 2 EPROMs as the GTiR ECU uses a 16bit wide / word wide data stream unlike GTR's or 200SX's ).

You can either physically remove the EPROMs and read the .bin file from them using an EPROM programmer/reader, or use datascan to "rom dump" the .bin file.. any after market ECU such as Mines, Tomei, Blitz, Top fuel ( one on ebay just now ) and other use a daughter board.. some have glued the EPROMs to the board and / or under a plastic shroud.. some have rom dump disabled..

To graphically view the .bin files you can use Rom editor or Live edit final ( I like live edit --- wrote freeware by Lawrence Mooney who also wrote Nissan Rom editor I think it's called ).

In order to make "live" adjustments to maps you need emulators as previously said. the emulators that work with live edit are Romulators, again due to 16bit you need 2 as the EPROMs are 8bit items .. typically 27C256 if I remeber correctly..