LAMBDABOY..,...

M

Mr Overboooost

has anyone seen or used one of these?

The wideband Lambdaboy unit is essential for tuning of cars with after market ecus or a useful tool to make sure a chipped car has the correct fuelling profile. Failure to ensure the fuelling is right always leads to a blown engine.

The unit also has a 0-1volt output for connecting to most ECU's data logging facility.

The unit also comes with its own software which also allows you to data log in realtime.

The lambda sensor used is the NTK/NGK type and this sensor is regarded as the best available for fast response time to air fuel ratio and is quite resilent to high exhaust gas temperatures.

Quick specs:
Includes: Meter, sensor, 5' serial data cable, 5' sensor cable, , PC software.
Range: 8 to 25 AFR
Accuracy: 1% at 14.7 AFR, 2% full scale
Response: 0.1 seconds
Air Calibration: Yes
Sensor type: 5 wire NTK UEGO or 5 wire Display: 3 digit daylight viewable numeric, ultrabright dot graph
Size: 3.3" x 5.3" x 1"
Power Supply: 12V automotive DC
Analog outputs: 0 to1V optional rich to lean
Digital output: RS232 serial upload of AFR to included PC software and Palm software
Simulated EGO output, narrow band: Yes
Sensor fitting size: 1.5x18mm

S

str_motorsport

looks nice...do you know the price for it?i am also intrested in a wideband kit...just would like to find a cheap but still good one!

C

chrislloydus

yes i have a lambdaboy. Its good - works well. The software is (very)basic, but does the job - it just displays and logs the AFR. Best to have someone in the passenger seat shouting out the screen values as you accelereate.
Ive utilised the analogue output from the lambdaboy and fed it into my Link ECU. From there i can log all the parameters of the engine, including the wideband. Its so easy to tune with a wideband as its unaffected by heat, and its consistent.

C

chrislloydus

i got mine secondhand !
They are only $500 USD new.

ashills

chrislloydus said:
i got mine secondhand !
They are only $500 USD new.
for that sort of money u can buy the same as mine and had wireless datalogging to a laptop and can be hooked upto stuff like rpm injector duty etc in car so u can monitor everything in one go
mine is made by plx

S

str_motorsport

i think it is a bit expensive...you can get some kits on ebay for 300$ new...and all good products....
i tought it was cheaper....