Lamba (O2) sensor change?

Dooie Pop Pop

Rght looking at it i should be able to reach it if i remove the plastic trim underneath, its got a washer so no sealant needed and like a spark plug, hand tight and a 3/4 turn. is that right?
Am changing mine, discovered some wire damage :( plus it looks like the original part (£89.70 + vat) anybody done this before, it looks straight forward but i' ll probably snap it or summit :roll:

cheers, stu

Dooie Pop Pop

well went ok didn' t take half hour, fiddly cos of the a/c. car seems better, pickin up more cleanly. filled up, drove 23miles and my fuel gauge is stuck! typical :roll:

hmmm

keep an eye on the fuel gauge...mine looks like it is stuck too when i fill up but its starts moving soon. What mods did u have on the car?

Dooie Pop Pop

This is MAD :lol: just driven back from work (35 miles combined) and ive still got just over 3/4 of a tank left so including last nights trundle thats 57 miles driven legally. i know when i filled up the pump overran a bit but not that much :shock: its been taking me the same ammount of petrol just for the round trip to work :roll: will say it has got slowly worse over the last few months was pullin my hair out and it only twigged when i read the thread on here :wink:

As for spec iv got an uprated fuel pump with oe regulator with a standard (i think) tubby and 3pence .9 bar boost, fuelin done by an old dial fronted apexi afc, ecu standard, oe leads and S45i plugs at .75mm :) goose. no cat

MUST add my sensor had some flex missing off the red wire and it looked pretty old, did find small ammount of thread damage exaustside so its obviously been out before, prob a 2nd hand part :roll: and was something i should have seen earlier :evil:

car runs much cleaner now sounds a bit raspier too :lol: happy days

hmmm

1/4 of a tank left so including last nights trundle thats 57 miles
so u did 57 miles and used up nearly 3/4 of tank? :shock:

or did u mean 57 miles driven and only used 1/4 of a tank?

hmmm

let us know how much miles u end up getting for the full tank

I average 55-60 miles for a tenner

Dooie Pop Pop

cant give you exact miles cos i dont run it down that low but half a tank has given me about 125 miles, sounds average BUT ive driven.. shall we say on boost, grinnin for a good 50 or 60 miles so driven nicely i hope ill get more. trouble is i didnt buy it for its economic fuel consumtion :lol: :twisted:when first got boost upped was only getting 110 to 120 miles to half tank and that was off boost drivin. im using nearly half as much now as i was last week. feel annoyed at myself for not sussin it earlier but it must have been dodgy for a while. ho hum :roll: