lack of power above 5500?

S

skar

hey guys...

i just fitted a boost guage and a bleed valve myself :shock:

Its boosting nicely to about 11 psi until about 5 grand and then it just revs aimlessly like it's surging, while still holding boost... i havent gone past 6 grand yet because the car feels faster if i change up a gear... !? :?

maybe ive fitted it wrong? i removed the t-piece that connects the hoses from manifold to actuator and solenoid and replaced it with the bleed valve... then i just blocked the hoses to the solenoid.

just needing some advice before i give in and take it in for a dyno session.

:D thx for readin

fyi- the r is stock except for a pod filter...

MarkTurbo

Try fitting a new fuel filter first :wink:

Or it could be that your fuel pump is on its way out and dosent like the extra boost.

S

skar

thanx for that... ill give it a go first thing in the morning

:)

S

skar

ok i finally got her on the dyno, and it was running VERY lean...

they told me i coulda blown something. :?

got them to install a bigger fuel pump... a big nippon denso one and she went back on the dyno. They said im still running a lil lean and it could be my maf playing up.

car is running sweet as pie now but im worried about the maf. im regrounding the earth as we speak and the middle wire was reading 0.09v
:shock:

would that be causing me to run lean?

i ran a temporary earth to the engine block and revved it for a bit and theres a fair bit of black smoke out the exhaust now (maybe now ill get some backfires :twisted: ). the earth now reads less than 0.009v.

going back to solder in the new earth :D

edit: the earth made the car misfire n run really bad... so the stock wiring is back on... weird

S

S.J

I'm not much of a mechanic .. but it sounds to me like your clutch might be on the way out .. have you uprated it? Could explain the slipping/revving.

O

Olly

You don't still have a CAT on there do ya? :lol: if so take it off will let her breath alot better.

S

skar

heh :oops: yupp, still got the cat on

im takin her in for a full zorst in a couple of weeks tho :D the bends right before the muffler have rusted through and the exhaust note is terrible at the moment :?