Labour Charge

P

PULSAN

Was wondering how much it would costs in labour to fit a Power FC, Hks Cams,Helix Clutch and to set the boost up to 1.2bar?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Call a garage and find out.. You're probably looking at about £1000

Rishi

P

PULSAN

I was quoted £880.00 by a garage so i booked it in, but now the cars is done i have been told the labour is now£ 1,500.00

O

Odin

PULSAN said:
I was quoted £880.00 by a garage so i booked it in, but now the cars is done i have been told the labour is now£ 1,500.00

Did you get the first quote in writing ?, If not you're probably screwed :cry: :doh: .

Rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Well the way i see it...

Fit and Map PowerFC - £350
Change Clutch - £300
Fit Cams - £200 (just a guess)

Have you got a breakdown of all the costs?

Rishi

stu-gtir

if you were closer i could have fitted your clutch and cams and power fc for peanuts but then you would still need to get it mapped.

stu.

P

PULSAN

No its not interpro, i have not got anything in writing:doh: .

just verbal

think im screwed really, have to pay for it on sat!! so i have no choice :sad:

P

PULSAN

P.s Thanks for your help though

all suggestion still needed

Lionel

Pulsan when u need some other work doing just come to use we are only over the 7 bright in newport

P

PULSAN

I will thankyou! you got a contact number as i plan to do more stuff soon

EVOBAD

dont no what ther doing

was the power fc maped as well or just fitted plus most of these tuners giv u a good quote then when it comes to paying its double the price ,i watch some of these so called tuners & wonder what the hell ther doing:der: :der:

Shaun

RishiGTiR said:
Well the way i see it...

Fit and Map PowerFC - £350
Change Clutch - £300
Fit Cams - £200 (just a guess)

Have you got a breakdown of all the costs?

Rishi
I was quoted £500 to fit and shim cams from 2 extremely well known tuners.

L

lv12

i wouldnt give 2 monkeys what they are saying now,you got your first quote,they should stick to it,dont role over & die,that just makes me sick,no wonder people take matters to another level & people end up getting hurt.

dont take it.....

geoff pine

If you got a quote it should have been in writing and used the word quotation then that's all you have to pay its a legally binding contract . its more likly that he estimated the price and was way out and he can! charge what he thinks is a fare price ..

P

pulsarboby

in the motor trade their are layed down book times and guidelines for work that is undertaken!
and a garage cannot quote you more than the given book time for any particular job, but they have to give you their hourly rate first!

eg to change a clutch, maybe 8.25 hrs booktime @ say £30 an hour=£247.50 plus vat if vat registered
they legally can not charge you more.
but with tuning etc im not sure if their is a booktime!!!

O

owens

they can charge pretty much what they like as its non standard parts, also book times are only realy used by main dealers and the odd fred in a shed may use them when they dont know how much to charge

in all fairness they should honor (spelling) the original quote, if it was a quote and not just a rough estimate as stated above

azboy

thats about or less how much my garage would charge, without reshimming the head i take it they havent, and on our comuter a clutch on a gtir time was either 11 or 13 hours book time on auto data, so lets say 13 hours at 66 per hour labour plus vat just for the cluch, it soon adds up when i do peoples bills at work im glad im a mechainic and can do it myself, with cars like these ur best getting someone to do the job privetly in there spare time works out much cheeper then, and u cant always stick to estimates as u can often come accross problems but they should ring u up and tell u before they just go ahead.