KS-Rom E.C.U Info?

Juggs

Would like to know if anyone has any info on the KS-Rom e.c.u's or have even used one in their car?
I know nistune etc would be a much better option but i am looking at staying to around 1-1.2 bar so stock injectors and AFM obviously would be near the max but i am not looking at going any further for now.

Apparently the KS-Rom e.c.u has two settings on it, one for 1 bar and another for 1.3 bar.
Not sure about 1.3 bar setting it sounds a bit much from everyone elses posts but the chap with it for sale says it is designed for use with standard injectors and afm.

I am guessing that it will run more ignition advance than my standard JDM ecu and possbily up the rev limit (not sure why you'd want to) as well as removing the speed restiction.
Does anyone know how aggressive these are mapped or how much ignition advance they run, are they comparable to a mine's e.c.u?
For the record i am just looking for a little bit more kick to support what the car already has not a fully mappable top notch e.c.u that is currently out of my budget and plans.

The car has the following modification's, FMIC, D-cat & 2.5" system, hks filter & a 255lph fuel pump.
Will be looking at fitting the cooler grade 8 plug's and getting the AFR's checked soon,
Also the car is always run on 99 octane as i read that its possibly mapped for 100 RON.

So would anyone recomend this e.c.u for my application or say steer well clear?
I did have a butchers around on google and they seem pretty popular in Japan but didnt find anything that made much sence GTI-R specific.
Any help or advice much appreciated :)

t16coupe

think they all do the same sort of thing ks rom blitz access mines mapped for air filter exhuast and slightly higher boost 1.3 bar sounds a bit high for stock afm and injectors but 1 or 2 people have run that boost and there afrs have been ok i have the mines unit and im just under 1.2 bar 1.15 bar

Juggs

I thought as much just wondered if anyone on the forum had used one on their pulsar before, not sure as you get mixed reviews on the mine's ecu's but the search function didnt really bring anything up on KS-Rom.
Was kind of wishing fusion Ed or someone else on the mapping front could shed some light, hint hint ;-)

t16 how do u get on with your mines unit did u notice much gain over the stock ecu at the same boost pressure?

Fusion Ed

Send the ECU to me if you want me to have a look. Different map cannot perform miracles so 1.3 is a big risk....

Juggs

Cheers for the reply Ed, i dont have the ECU yet i wanted to try and find out a bit more info on it before possibly buying it.
Have you ever saw one or heard anything about them?

I wouldn't run it at 1.3 i was just told that it can support up to this on the higher setting, how true this is i dont know.
I wouldn't go any higher than 1.1-1.2 bar and even at that i would want it checking over with a wideband.
Do you sell off the shelf chips, sort of generic ones just to suit basic stage 1 mod's or is all your stuff custom mapped?

Juggs

Got this sorted out now and all the info i could need, much thanks to Ed for his time & giving some honest feedback not just another tuning company trying to pull your pants down or badger you into spending money with them.
If anyone else is in the same position as i was in and want someone to read your e.c.u dont just rely on hear say, send it off to fusion top service their! ;-)