knocking

S

S-GTI-R

wots the average knocking level on the r like when it shows u on the safc-2 :?: :?

rayman75

mine never really goes above 20-30, when the guy mapped it for me he said he had it go upto 40 flat out in 4th, he did say you got to worry when it get upto 100 odd.

Shaun

:D Hi guy's,anything above 65 on the SAFC or Power FC can do damage :wink: If the knock is on tickover or low revs then i wouldnt worry too much as it's more than likely background noise from moving engine parts,the time to worry is when it happens under load.But make sure the calibration is setup properly as this can give false readings.

JIMMYBACK

Shaun said:
:D Hi guy's,anything above 65 on the SAFC or Power FC can do damage :wink: If the knock is on tickover or low revs then i wouldnt worry too much as it's more than likely background noise from moving engine parts,the time to worry is when it happens under load.But make sure the calibration is setup properly as this can give false readings.
yer knocking at tick over or about 3 thousand revs will indicate a faulty knock sensor or fcuked cams :shock: like mine were :oops: :cry: :lol: :lol: :roll:

T

Toady

mine shows between 0-2 on idle and i dont hink its gone over 30 when ragging it. 8)

Gray

On my Almera GTi, (sr20de) i think it got to 20 once when i was sat in a traffic jam for ages. It would only go up high on tick over, as soon as i accelerated it went back to 0.

Mr GTiR

JIMMYBACK said:
yer knocking at tick over or about 3 thousand revs will indicate a faulty knock sensor or fcuked cams :shock:
Mine never goes above 18 and only does it when driving. When on idle it stays around the 2/3 mark.

The knock is down to my custom cams with a profile of 280 degree with 12mm lift :lol:

Z

ziaddirani

guys my idle read on safcii is 60 to 70, when i push it, it goes above 130.but still i coudn't hear any ringing or any pinning .by the way this happened after i fully rotated the distrbutor, which gave me serious power.is this healthy?

gunmetalgtir

ziaddirani said:
guys my idle read on safcii is 60 to 70, when i push it, it goes above 130.but still i coudn't hear any ringing or any pinning .by the way this happened after i fully rotated the distrbutor, which gave me serious power.is this healthy?
:lol: :lol: :lol: Class!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Z

ziaddirani

well guys iam serious. now the max knocking is 86 and the idle is 38.by the way try rotating your distributor to its max, and see the difference..i've been like this for 2 months, did some drags and won and the car is still running well

Big Sve

mines always on 0 :?

only ever now and again moves, i thought if it moved it was a bad thing.....

really need to learn wat it does, thought i got to level two on it driving the other day but the end of level baddy got me...... yeah im thick :der: