Knocking noise?

S

Stoned

Two things

1) My gearstick has a knocking/movement feeling when I hold my hand on it when moving. Could this be a broken engine mount?

2) There is a knocking noise from the front left of the car, only really noticeable when going slowly. Could this be the same thing, or just something knackered on the suspension?

Open to all suggestions so thanks in advance!

A

Anonymous

Ben D has this problem at the moment, can't remember what the problem was though. Think it was a ball joint..... :?:

J

Jonny H

Two things

1) My gearstick has a knocking/movement feeling when I hold my hand on it when moving. Could this be a broken engine mount?

2) There is a knocking noise from the front left of the car, only really noticeable when going slowly. Could this be the same thing, or just something knackered on the suspension?

Open to all suggestions so thanks in advance!
i have the exact same problems! :roll: :wink: yes i was told to check any mounts that could be warn or loose. As for the knocking from the front of the car its most probably the ball joint or wheel bearings.
Jon

S

Stoned

OK

I should have thought the engine mounts would be ok since it's only just been over 1000 miles since Abbey did a full rebuild on the car, I doubt they would use knackered mounts.

I'll look at the front left at the weekend and see if I can spot anything