KKK turbo's?

Si..

right i'm after one mega turbo for my car, i did have one in mind but i've scrapped that idea, so i'm on the look again for a monster for a drag only car.

i know the 3037's a good blower but Edd and Baz are using them and i want to be a bit different.

so...

does any one know much about KKK turbo's??

I

Innovate Performance

Garett GT30 or GT35 with external wastgate.

GT30 and external wastgate £1703.75 Including VAT
GT35 and external wastgate £1762.50 Including VAT

Si..

i've thought about using the gt35/40,

Nad, whose atp, is that them blue turbo's on the stand at totb2 :?:

I

Innovate Performance

Si.. said:

what hp are you looking for.

GINGA

Depends how silly you want to go Garrett gt3540, hks gt3240 (same as norris evo), Greddy T78 or T88 (same as Rc evo), hks T51R (800bhp rated) seems quite a popular option in jap land for really big bhp 2l cars

Si..

Innovate Performance said:
Si.. said:

what hp are you looking for.
as much as possible, basically the cars a non road legal drag-'R',
so anything goes, i'm not fussed about lag if it gets me the times i'm looking for.

cheers for the link Paul, also thought of the T88, would it even fit under the bonnet tho :twisted:

I

Innovate Performance

what about a GT42 thay are rated to 1000bhp

Or what about a turbonetics thumbper they have ratings of 1500-2000BHP

T88 would need a custom manifold over the gearbox side of the engine but you could get it to fit you would also need to do the same for the above.

Nad

What u will need to remember is that u need a turbo that will get enough air from the engine in the rev range useable. Around 800bhp is the highest achieved so far but not sure what cfm that is.

M

MarkMc

I think speedtech in NZ have LancerEVO running low 9s or 8s on the gt3540. Meant to give 500kwaw. With standard crank(normal displacement). There is a replacement for displacement its called an fiiinnng big turbo.
Cheers

Mark

Si..

Innovate Performance said:
what about a GT42 thay are rated to 1000bhp

Or what about a turbonetics thumbper they have ratings of 1500-2000BHP

T88 would need a custom manifold over the gearbox side of the engine but you could get it to fit you would also need to do the same for the above.
a custom mani is definately on the cards, and i was planning on having it swung over on the passenger side wheel arch as the pic below,

that GT42 does look tempting at a 1000bhp rating, :twisted:

J

jiw

My mate has a k28 hybrid on his audi s2, that should get some good air in :)

C

caz

Si, KKK are fitted to a lot of Porsches. Does Steve not know more about them??

Si..

caz said:
Si, KKK are fitted to a lot of Porsches. Does Steve not know more about them??
aye, he's had plenty to do with them, but not hybrid's or anything like what i'm after, just the std one's of the old 911's etc.

C

caz

I know its been mention above but what about the Greddy T78. Its just that Bren from Apex is gonna use it on his S14 build up. Hes got one, a huge intercooler and will put them onto a Tomei engine. Obviously the general concensus is that the lag will be huge, kick in 5k-5.5k, with power up to 9k, and it will be totally unroadworthy but that what your car is . Drag strip friendly, unroadworthy!!! Just a thought bud. And it means U have someone to compare with, i.e. not going it alone. But U keep the exclussive'ness coz his is gonna be a track car, not ready for a while yet. But stil an SR20

Links

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116507&page=1&pp=20

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116650