keys

91_GTi-R

is there any way to get another key that will work in my car incase that i lock mine in it i only have the one and i dont really feel like locking it inside the car is ther anyway to get another key for it???
thanks alex

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Go to a key cutting shop and get them to cut one for you. They often have car blanks. You could also buy a Nismo blank and get it cut.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Check it against the origional that does work to make sure it's exactly the same.

I had a Nismo blank cut and it didn't work, when I compared it against the origional it hadn't been cut far enough towards the handle bit. I asked the guy to cut the extra bit off and he said it wouldn't make a difference, lo and behold it did and I'm still using that key 4 years later.

CanadianR

I had the same thing happen to me. Although the people at the locksmith usually let me test the key before paying for it.

Animaldaz

sometimes you get rough edges on newly cut keys that will stop them working, particulary in a worn lock. Best thing to do is just rub a bit of emery over the edges.

nimhbk

I had two cut the other week.

the lock smith said all Nissan keys are a right pain to cut so alot of them will say they dont do them, but they do as its a standard key,

cost me 10 pound for two and they work fine.