JWT ECU's or Stand Alone Engine Management...?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Seeing as this is my first post, I may as well make it a good one...!!

Background:

Nissan Pulsar GTi (was SR18DE) fitted with SR20DE FWD
Engine rebuilt with Wiseco Pistons 86.5mm & Eagle Rods 8.7-1
JWT S4 Cams, Flywheel & Clutch
Nismo 555cc Injectors, Z32 MAF
HKS GT-RS Turbo

My question is regarding Engine Management, has anybody had any experience with the JWT ECU's, as this is one of my options... to have my original reprogrammed for the correct Injectors, MAF, Compression, Turbo program...?

I am just a bit concerned that if once reprogrammed it needs tweeking, I will be knackered. As it would need sending back to be done again once I have some dyno printouts...?

Or is it better to go for either the Power FC or Greddy E-Manage and be done with it...?

Any help appreciated,

Kim.

S

Sirnixalot

the JWT is great for plug and play. HOw ever it will almost always need tweaking.

You can either run it in conjuction with an SAFC to get it perfec or just go for an Emanage. Keep in mind the emanage can run no larger than 600cc injectors on the pulsar.

S

Sirnixalot

wouldnt be an option for him. He has an SR18DE. So unless apexi has released one for the FWD SR20DE's then hes left to retrofit one from the Pulsar or silvia...no i do not know how to do this.

A

Anonymous

I have an Apexi SAFC at the minute, been in there from when it was N/A...

Have never found anyone that can use them very well from a tuning point of view though, any suggestions on that one, as that seems like a good idea seeing as I have one already...?

Have played around with it myself a bit, albeit a tad aimless in direction... more like fiddling with the buttons and see what happens...!!! You know, the thing that you were always bollocked for as a kid...!!! :wink:

kim.

p.s. well spotted sirnixalot, it was an SR18DE to start off with, so I do have a bit of a wierd one... SR18DE ECU & Loom, with SR20DE aftermarket Turbo Engine...!!! :?

skiddusmarkus

For tuning the FC,try Abbey Motorsport,RCDevelepoments or Hiteq.Theer's also Sam Elasser(AKA the debntist) who travels to your door.

S

Sirnixalot

so much for manuals...it said it can only handle injectors 1.5 times the stock injector rate 444 x 1.5 = 666