Just wondering?

A

Anonymous

last nite i was reading on the norris designs web site that slow starting is a sighn the internals are going wrong? how slows slow.
coz mine takes a bout 2 seconds 2 start when its really cold but straight away after that. am i being paranoid?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Could be that... OR... its more likely to be something along the lines of weak battery, alternator or starter motor...

When my old bettery was on its way out it was the same... It kept going flat after a few days so after leaving it for a day or so the lesser voltage was causing the slow start... After running for a while the alternator restores the battery...

Check the voltage across the battery just after a run, then leave the car for a day and check the voltage again... See if there is a drop...

Car will start fine with a voltage as low as 11.75 but should be somewhere between 13.8 - 14.4

Don't know how to diagnose a starter motor fault so I hope the above helps...

Rishi

A

Anonymous

cheers thanx 4 the help, so u rekon 2 seconds is too long? hopefully im just being paranoid!lol

A

Anonymous

cheers thanx 4 the help, so u rekon 2 seconds is too long? hopefully im just being paranoid!lol