Just received my Zeitronix

boost

Ive just received my zeitronix wideband kit..

cant wait to get it all wired in.

also got to wire in all the sensors too.

has anybody on here got any handy tips as im doing it this weekend after my cars back from the bodyshop.

thanks

keith

Braveheart

Ive just received my zeitronix wideband kit..

cant wait to get it all wired in.

also got to wire in all the sensors too.

has anybody on here got any handy tips as im doing it this weekend after my cars back from the bodyshop.

thanks

keith
That looks interesting.... :thumbsup:
First tip : watch the new paintwork!;-)

What kit did you get as it comes with a variety of add-ons?
Do you have a boss fitted for the AFR probe and if so is to a safe distance from exhaust manifold flow output. Think it should be at least 12 inches along exhaust from manifold. It should also me about 10 deg off horizontal... (tip pointing down into exhaust) to keep moisture from sitting on it.
Run your probe cabling well and secure.
Make good electrical connections and insulate properly.
Protect probe plug and socket from muck and water by taping it up.
Be patient if you have to remove trims. Make sure you have undone all clips and screws for relievant trim before pulling on it.

boost

braveheart,

thankyou. i have a full sensor kit, the lcd variant. so i can keep my eyes on things before/during i get it mapped. also i think these can be wired into the nistune kit.

yes i will watch the paint, seeings as they are painting under the bonnet etc..

should be back thursday or friday.

ive been advised my a friend of mine who has a 10sec renault 5 turbo that 8 from the turbo you can get away with as these are the better made bosch types off probe.

will update when its all done..

regards keith

skiddusmarkus

Most of the manufacturers advise you to locate it about 18" from the manifold so you don't damage it or to use a heatsink to dissipate the temps that will kill it.

Trip

I had that thing fitted to my old Car. Excellent piece of kit. If it had onboard logging(without the need of a laptop) i would had definitely got one for the R

skiddusmarkus

I have the innovate one.Have had the bung welded on but not hooked up yet.It can be displayed on my greddy E-01 which can data log but I doubt I'll use it.

olliecast

I use an innovate lm1. Excellent bit of kit especially as it hooks straight into my nistune.

Something else for you to look and worry about when you first get it :)

Helped me diagnose so much though, 100 percent worth it.

boost

yeah these can work with the nistune. full data logging. im looking forward see intake temps. that will be intresting.

keith