Just Fitted A Engine, And It Wont Start

serks2

Just Fitted A Engine, And It Wont Start please help

Hi
i just got my engine ftted in to my R yesterday, and we cant get it to start!! i used a battery charger and jump leads and it still never worked, we even used easy start spray!! does anybody have any ideas of what it could be or can anyone tell me what i have to do to get it started.

cheers

Last edited:

turbodaily

have you checked you are getting a spark first of all???

go around the engine and double check all the plugs etc are all connected up.

so is it just cranking over or what?????

turbodaily

hmmm pull them out a if theyre wet, blow torch them and whack them back in,try starting it whilst theyre still hot.....

serks2

turbodaily said:
hmmm pull them out a if theyre wet, blow torch them and whack them back in,try starting it whilst theyre still hot.....
ok mate il try my best!! im really worried that the engine might be bad!!:?

O

Odin

Try swapping over the reverse switch plug and the dizzy resister one matey, They are the only two plugs on the engine loom that are the same fitment, It's been done plenty of times before so that may be your problem.

Rob

J

jpward

Thunder God said:
Try swapping over the reverse switch plug and the dizzy resister one matey, They are the only two plugs on the engine loom that are the same fitment, It's been done plenty of times before so that may be your problem.

Rob
Does that mean she will start in reverse :lol:

serks2

we done that already mate that was the first problem we had because the sockets look the same thats sorted now!! we have got spark and we've got fuel but it still wont start,,
Any more suggestions i could try tonight??

Thanks again evryone!

Last edited:
O

Odin

Have you checked the timing ?, I can't really understand why it wont at least try to start if your getting fuel and a spark :? .

Maybe you've just flooded it badly, Has the dizzy meen moved ?.

Rob

serks2

Thunder God said:
Have you checked the timing ?, I can't really understand why it wont at least try to start if your getting fuel and a spark :? .

Maybe you've just flooded it badly, Has the dizzy meen moved ?.

Rob
it does try to start, it just keeps cranking over!! but just wont fire up!! the dizzy is still the same!! do you rekon it could be the timeing??

serks2

just checked it again and the sparks are wet!! maybe thats why!! does anyone know why it keeps flooding??

serks2

turbodaily said:
have you cleaned them up and tried again???
Yeah tried that too,

I even tried and changed the air flow meter!! but it still wont start!!!

I thinking that it might be a elictical fault!! maybe the immoberliser or something!!!
any ideas??:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

hmmm

Checked all the fuses inside by the drivers footwell? One of them is ST Signal or something. Could be blown? Worth a look.