Just been offered these, wat they worth???

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
what manifold is it and have you any idea of the mileage on the turbo, (is there side to side play in the rotor shaft on the turbo)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
who said its done 2000 miles (check that play in the shaft)

the only reason I ask the question is that although the 3037 is a good turbo it's a little old school these days.

it all depends on what your overall goal is with your car ?

rams_pulsar

the seller said that...thanks thats good advice seen as with it been older its probs been an a car for years which i doubt add up to only 2000miles

John

rams_pulsar said:
the seller said that...thanks thats good advice seen as with it been older its probs been an a car for years which i doubt add up to only 2000miles
Unless the seller has proof that the turbo was fitted 2000miles ago I wouldnt believe him. Also even if it was 2000miles it kinda depends on what boost he was running as the higher the boost the more chance there will be of the turbo having play.

rams_pulsar

just recieved pics of the turbo looks clean and in good condition i know that has nothing at all to do with how it'll run but anyway looks good...the manifold is a custom made item i think it has been braced and it has an external wastegate looks like its been braced cos every header has been rewelded it looks like so i reckon the brace has been added after that...wants £900 for it i reckon if there is no play etc its worth £650-£700 maybe...wats anyone else reckon??wat power are these good for as the lad who is selling it says he was running 470bhp yet wasn't a gtiroc member bit strange i thought:? . I'm only wanting my R to be around 350bhp but i want it as reliable as poss at that power..suggestions anyone???

GTIR-LOZ

i suggest a smaller turbo would be better then as you would have alot less lag and still get that 350bhp plus then you could keep the standard manifold and not worry about buying external wastegates and having exhaust downpipes made up

P

pulsarboby

agree with loz
spend your money on a 2871 good for 400 and will be well within its limits at 350

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
rams_pulsar said:
just recieved pics of the turbo looks clean and in good condition i know that has nothing at all to do with how it'll run but anyway looks good...the manifold is a custom made item i think it has been braced and it has an external wastegate looks like its been braced cos every header has been rewelded it looks like so i reckon the brace has been added after that...wants £900 for it i reckon if there is no play etc its worth £650-£700 maybe...wats anyone else reckon??wat power are these good for as the lad who is selling it says he was running 470bhp yet wasn't a gtiroc member bit strange i thought:? . I'm only wanting my R to be around 350bhp but i want it as reliable as poss at that power..suggestions anyone???
He could well be running that sort of power with that turbo but it would be at quite high boost. That turbo, partly due to its age also has a bit of a reputation for being a bit of a lag monster. Re the manifold, if it looks like it once had a polished finish, and going on what you said there is a good chance it's a cheap "ebay manifold" these, apart from being shit, tend to crack in stress areas, they need bracing and regular re-welding.

Leave it well alone and go for a 2871 or a GTRS for the power you want.

Mr GTiR

Just to give you abit of background to this manifold, the car was brought with a big crack in it and the owner had it repaired. From what I can remember Steve is correct in that it did run over 450hp and was runnign very high boost. IIRC it was running about 2.1 bar!

Just read earlier that the turbo and manifold belong to out mate Steve Colby - STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS! YOU WILL PAY FOR THE PARTS BUT NEVER SEE THEM!!!

rams_pulsar

i spoke to this steve on the phone and he said that i could come collect the parts myself so surely this would be safe, would it not?? i might leave the turbo as he said it has a little play in the shaft but i want his coilovers and whiteline stuff..:?

P

pulsarboby

the stuff he sells is shite so good luck to you!
i spent almost 2k with him and everything he sold was crap even down to forged reciepts for engine builds, the bloke is a gutless thief, a liar, and has the gift of the gab to flog his crap.....to some him up hes scum with a capital S

and you want to line his pockets:roll: sorry mate but thats how strongly i feel about this fcuker ripping people off. take the coilovers and wrap them around his scrawny neck:evil:

Mr GTiR

rams_pulsar said:
i want his coilovers and whiteline stuff..:?
We can't force you not to buy his stuff only warn you about him. Just bear in mind he has got a bad reputation for a reason! Use the search button and thow shall find.

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
rams_pulsar said:
thats made my mind up now then....just did a quick search:twisted: anyone else got some coilovers for sale then????
i have a hks 3037 + external wastegate but no manifold i was going 2 put it on my car but think it might b a nit 2 big :doh: i dont no what 2 do keep it or sell it :der: