janspeed downpipe

boucherie

does anyone know how much these cost inc delivery? i know the 3" cat bypass pipe is £110plus vat and delivery, so just seeing how much the full downpipe is.

i know a couple of members on here have got them fitted but cant remember who :?

T

Toady

jeeeesussss! 110quid for a 3" cat pipe! my mate is making me one in stainless atm, and will prob be able to sell them on here for about £60! and he doesnt do a half job either! tig welded and all! ill get some pics on here soon as i get my cam back. He also made himself a 3" downpipe from the turbo back, it is SLICK!!! :wink: 8)

creedy

yeah that is what i am planning on doing... making a exhaust my self. its good then you work in the trade :D
just modded a stainless manifold for a mate at work.

nismoboy

ive got the janspeed front pipe and its very good i must say, but it cost over £400 :shock:

When u say 3 inch decat for £110, is it a straight piece of pipe or the 3 inch version of the mongoose decat box?

boucherie

im not sure exactly, think janspeed call it the cat bypass pipe. i can asure anyone who might be interested in the 3" downpipe that we are making that they will probably sell for around £200inc delivery to gtiroc members and £220inc delivery to non members, but this will be finalised before any orders are taken.

T

Toady

oh yeah so it is, i assumed it was a straight thru cos most'decats' are, i did think it was way ott for just a pipe tho! :lol:
heres a pic of the 3" pipe my mate made me...

8)

T

Toady

no unfortunately its only the goose full system, but a 3" cat pipe, dont think the engine likes it tho as there
with the step where the mongoose 2.5" pipe goes into the 3", and then steps back into the 2.5".....its now feeling sluggish, so im off out now to put the mog bit back on! :cry: will just have to get brett to make me a full 3" system!lol! :lol: :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

:? i have oodles of low end grunt (370lbft at 3500odd rpm :D ) thats with a complete 3inch system.

when you change from a standard exhaust to the goose you get more torque and (i assume) the same applies to a 3" jobby. i cant see how having a larger diameter decat would effect low down power. i can understand how the step would possibly effect the pulse flow or whatever its called but that far back it shouldn' t make that much of a difference. its no different to the 'silencer' tube at the rear.

you didn' t leave a rag jammed in it did you? :wink: :lol:

T

Toady

Believe me Ive just put my mongoose pipe back on and it is rapid again! It obviously didnt like the step up causing a swirl in the gas flow. He is making me a 2.5 inch one now! :wink:

nismoboy

Dooie Pop Pop said:
:? i have oodles of low end grunt (370lbft at 3500odd rpm :D ) thats with a complete 3inch system.

when you change from a standard exhaust to the goose you get more torque and (i assume) the same applies to a 3" jobby. i cant see how having a larger diameter decat would effect low down power. i can understand how the step would possibly effect the pulse flow or whatever its called but that far back it shouldn' t make that much of a difference. its no different to the 'silencer' tube at the rear.

you didn' t leave a rag jammed in it did you? :wink: :lol:
yes but u have a box, and not a straight through pipe :wink: triying putting a straight 3 inch pipe on yours dooie and see how flat it will feel low down.

Dooie Pop Pop

nismoboy said:
yes but u have a box, and not a straight through pipe :wink: triying putting a straight 3 inch pipe on yours dooie and see how flat it will feel low down.
ok call me thicky but can you please explain why?

nismoboy

Dooie Pop Pop said:
nismoboy said:
ok call me thicky but can you please explain why?
The box in the mongoose system or janspeed system acts as a restriction which produces back pressure, this helps the car make torque earlier giving good low end grunt, if u remove the restrition (the smallbox) and put a straight through pipe in u reduce backpressure and this pushes the torque futher up the rev range giving u less low end grunt. hope this make sense to u now :D

nismoboy

I know this to be correct because i have fitted a 3 inch straight through pipe to mine before and it felt very flat, i soon put the mongoose de -cat box back. it pulls so much better.

Dooie Pop Pop

nismoboy said:
I know this to be correct because i have fitted a 3 inch straight through pipe to mine before and it felt very flat, i soon put the mongoose de -cat box back. it pulls so much better.
##

:lol: yeah i get you now :lol: scuse my ignorance :oops: torque is also effected by the intake pipe length and size iirc :p glad iv got a box rather than a straight pipe now :lol: still cant see how using a box rather than a straight though pipe causes more resistance though :?