jacking points

O

Odin

saddler said:
Are these the body jacking point on a gti-r

The front one is yes, And their is four jacking points on the sills. If you look closely you can see where it is stronger than the rest of the sill, But I have been known to use those 2 rear points you have circled ;-) , At the front I normally use the one you have ringed and the wish bone mounts for the axle stands.

Make sure you don't use the chassis rails under any circumstances ;-) .

Rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The rear diff is also shown as a jacking point in the manual.
I assume the front is the big chunky metal block as I can't see it in that picture.

azboy

i find the front anti roll bar mountings are also ok to jak a r up on as when moting a r u got no other choice but the chassis rails

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
azboy said:
as when moting a r u got no other choice but the chassis rails
Do not let them jack it up on the chassis rails, damage will result.

There's a big feck off metal block under the car at the front which is a front jacking point or the sills if they have a 4 point lift thingy.

saddler

Fast Guy said:
Do not let them jack it up on the chassis rails, damage will result.

There's a big feck off metal block under the car at the front which is a front jacking point or the sills if they have a 4 point lift thingy.
well i need to put axle stands under the car as the rear axle has to come off..so im finding it hard to find a place that will not buckle under the weight. i marked the photo as this looks the best place.. but even then it looks thin metal..

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The jacking points on the sill are fine, I've used an axle stand under that big metal block a few times when jacking the on the sill.

MarkTurbo

When i left the rear of mine on axle stands for a while i just put the axle stands under the rear jacking points on the sill. If you use small block of wood and cut a groove in it (identical to the groove in the nissan jack) and sit them on top the axle stand you wont damage anything! Then just jack it up on the rear diff ;-)

O

Odin

MarkTurbo said:
When i left the rear of mine on axle stands for a while i just put the axle stands under the rear jacking points on the sill. If you use small block of wood and cut a groove in it (identical to the groove in the nissan jack) and sit them on top the axle stand you wont damage anything! Then just jack it up on the rear diff ;-)

I did th same with mine.

Rob

saddler

MarkTurbo said:
Thanks thats a great idea :eek:k::notworthy: