Ivory colour codes?

recaro18

The code for ivory is kj7, i understand that but are there codes for import cars different to u.k codes for example went in to halfords to get the colour matched and they did a tester and it comes out light grey? i have searched up on this and this has happened to other people, what i want to know is if i want them to match the ivory colour or for anyone else to match it to get right colour what code do i give them??

if anyone has experienced this or could help me i would appreciate it

Richard

houghy_1

Had mine resprayed a while back,the code kj7 is right.
And yes it will say light grey on the colour chart,
dont worry about that just make sure they get the right colour variant/grade etc.
cos they vary a little bit.Mine has a very slightly greener look to the ivory white than before.

Get them to match it with the paintwork first.

Hope that helps;-)

Matt

recaro18

they did a little tester and it should of been accurate and it really looked like grey and i thought my car aint like that, it was real dark, if i go back then im making then do it perfect!! and gunna match to paintwork, bet these lads at halfords dont know what theyre doing anyway, is there anywhere else they cud match paint and put it into aerosole?

Richard

houghy_1

Id find yourself a proper paint mixing place rather than Halfrauds.
They'd be able to mix it and put it in a spray can for you.

I got showed the colour on a chart,with the different grades of colour types for kj7 and thought the same
then he walked over to my R and put the chart onto the wing and got the correct grade.
The colour chart had a hole in the middle where they place it onto the body to get the match.
Cant think of a shorter way of describing it:oops:

I prefer to take mine to a body shop that i trust for any bits.
What you spraying anyway???

recaro18

its just a bit on the back bumper thats scuffed and just need a can to spray over it in the right colour, untill i can get the funds for a bodyshop, then i can get a few things done at once, il have a look at there charts again and see what happens then, cheers

Richard