ive been reading!

D

damien4uuk

Ive read a few of the other topics and someone spoke about knocking the insides of the cat out. Now.... would this cause it to fail an mot? And will it incresse the bhp or make standard system sound any nicer? Yes thats right STANDARD :( i canny afford one at mo its too near christmas.

A

AZ STE

Pre J (92) reg cars dont require a CO test so you can break the hunnycomb inside the cat and you should see a difference :wink: or just make a decat pipe

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
AZ STE said:
Pre J (92) reg cars dont require a CO test so you can break the hunnycomb inside the cat and you should see a difference :wink: or just make a decat pipe
J reg or before (90-7/92 Gtirs) require a CO test, but you only need to get <3.5%CO :wink: just get hold of a cat replacement pipe, incase of the unlikely event you need to have the cat fitted because of high emissions.

D

damien4uuk

Sounds like a good idea, Wheres the best place to get one? And how much will it set me back? I would love to make my own but dont have access to any welding gear.

H

heaven is a gtir (bry)

I had a problem with my cat a year ago and all i did was knock the 5hit out of it. didnt have any problems with the mot. mine is a H reg (91). now im running a goosse exhaust with out cat replacement and it spits flames out like nobodys business :twisted: