It's lifting it's inside rear

S

samellio

When going round hairpin corners my sunny lifts its inside rear wheel...

I have slightly lowered susp with gab "dirt trail" suspension which is uncomfortably stiff.. Also got a whiteline handling kit with the rear anti roll bar set to the middle of the 3 holes.

Is there any way to cure this??
Thanks,
Sam

Nad

Stiffer front shock or possilby slow the dampening down but that depends on how fast ur taking these turns. That or get a longer stroke rear shock that will track easier and for longer.

Thing is u will notice on most racing cars this happens on tight turns or ones that are off camber. Is it really that noticable. If u losing speed get a front lsd to pull u out of the corner rather than relying on the rear to push u round. That or get a rear diff which will work better even if one wheel is off the ground over the standard unit.

Nad

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I've had the impressionthat I've been lifting a rear wheel on some tight turns since I fitted my whiteline kit, but I still have the standard shox and springs on.

Nad

Thats prob wats causing it to lift up as the inside is compressing and trying to lift the inside wheel up. Stonger spring would help but would lose out somewhere else. Its always a compramise somewhere.

Nad

S

samellio

Unfortunately different shocks are a bit out of my price range but i was thinking stiffer springs with the shocks i allready have?
Diff wise i think my car allready has a non standard replacement as it's very noisy and clunky..or its fuct -but it's been like it for about 20 track days and hasn't broke :wink:
has anyone tried different holes with the antiroll bar??

Also completely off topic don't suppose anyone might know if with grooved brake discs you have to have the grooves going in a certain direction??
As i've just destroyed my pads in 3 days :roll:
Cheers,
Sam

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
samellio said:
Also completely off topic don't suppose anyone might know if with grooved brake discs you have to have the grooves going in a certain direction??
As i've just destroyed my pads in 3 days :roll:
Cheers,
Sam
The grooves should go one way only.
Which pads? :shock:

Nad

samellio said:
has anyone tried different holes with the antiroll bar??
Someone I know spun there car really easily on the hardest setting so I put mine in the middle. The hardest would be the furthest hole out on the edge.

Nad

S

samellio

Thanks nad...
So is the hardest setting the one closest to the rear bumper?