Is there anyway to fix the doors ?

marc

As topic says, after about 80mph they howl, quite a common problem ive been told, is there any way to fix this?

Mark_GTiR

Not easily - same common fault as is your signature!!! Which is a worthy job to do - take out the roof lining, re-stick the support bars (no more nails... something similar), re-fit roof lining and you're laughing.

I've heard that bending the hinges back in to place on the doors works... bending something anyway.

Do a search - somethign will come up.

JIMMYBACK

ive heard new hinges will help but most people who bother to deal with the wind noise tend to bend the top of the door intowards the car :shock: :? it have a technical name but it eludes me like everything else :lol: :lol: :wink:

a less extreme method is that it could be simply the door rubbers need replacing :wink: but at prices between 40-80 quid each ill live with it thank you :lol: :lol:

paz

New hinges work well, I swapped mine and its a lot quieter now (apart from the goose blaring away at the back that is :lol:).

Paz

CruiseGTi-R

I'm toying with an idea involving a lip like the JDM door wind deflectors, but small enough not to be so noticeable, but enough to shut the doors up at speed :roll: .

I've also made a little rack of tiny fins to go ontop of the oe wing mirrors BMW stylee. Apparently on BMW's they help air turbulence around the doors, thought it might help.

Haven't finished/tested it yet, they look kinda mean though 8) .

Will post up when they're done, bit of fun.

marc

How much are new hinges ?

And how do you bend the top of the doors in? is there a specific method ?

gtir bean

do the doors drop?mine used too and the tops got sucked out at speed so i put washers between the lower hinge and the door so it lifts the door out a bit.it made mine shut flish etc and i dont get much noise now.cheaper and easier than new hinges anyway :D

JIMMYBACK

marc said:
How much are new hinges ?

And how do you bend the top of the doors in? is there a specific method ?
usually you wind the window down place you need against the middle of the door on theinside of the door them pull on the top of the door :shock: :? its a trial and error method really and be careful not to crease the doors :shock: :? personally if you never done it before i wouldnt bother :shock: :? hinges are probba 50-90 quid each thats just a guess but going on other nissan prices thats sounds right :shock:

P

papdog

Just make sure you do wind the window down first or you end up with a drivers seat full of glass when it shatters :roll:

Graham

JIMMYBACK

papdog said:
Just make sure you do wind the window down first or you end up with a drivers seat full of glass when it shatters :roll:

Graham
:lol: :lol: i didnt mention that :lol: been there done that