Is there a front diff?

dombat

I'm changing the oil in the transfer box today.

While looking through old posts for it's capacity, some posts mentioned front diff. Where is the front diff or was the post wrong or.....am I being mental?

I will now go and bask in the surrey sunshine!

dombat

For anyone who should stumble across this post on a search in the future...make sure you can remove the filler plug BEFORE you tackle the drain plug!!!

One of the previous owners has used a threadlock/gasket material when putting the plugs back. I had to heat the drain/filler plugs with a heat gun (paint stripper variety not flames!) for about 5 mins and use a breaker bar about 3 feet long to get them out!

Shaun

Hi mate,the front diff is in the transferbox.And that threadlock stuff is Nissans very own mate.

00sid

no the frount diff is in the gearbox, the center diff is in the transferbox.

00sid

ok, so how many gearboxs has he taken apart then and rebuilt? im only trying to help out. the frount diff is in the gearbox..

kevgti-r

00sid said:
ok, so how many gearboxs has he taken apart then and rebuilt? im only trying to help out. the frount diff is in the gearbox..
i dont no how many shauns done, but when my center diff went olly took the gearbox apart and put it in there:roll:
and ive got a service manual in front of me so that must be wrong :doh:

T

tro||

centre diff is part of the final drive in gearbox

front diff lives in the transfer box

no prizes for guessing where the rear diff lives..lol

00sid

opps my mistake, the frount diff is in the transferbox.. lol

J

jpward

dombat said:
For anyone who should stumble across this post on a search in the future...make sure you can remove the filler plug BEFORE you tackle the drain plug!!!

One of the previous owners has used a threadlock/gasket material when putting the plugs back. I had to heat the drain/filler plugs with a heat gun (paint stripper variety not flames!) for about 5 mins and use a breaker bar about 3 feet long to get them out!
I had to put my 2 feet on my breaker bar to move mine :lol: and pull like a bitch on the front suspension even got the bar to bow :shock: