is the SSAUTOCHROME header a straight swop?

P

PrimeraRacer

ayup.

I've been looking at the SSAutochrome Header for the SR20DET engine, I was just wonderinn if this was a straight swop for the GTI-R or if I'd need to modify the exhaust system to match it up?

Cheers
Kev

P

PrimeraRacer

I take it thats a no then lol.

I know there are mixed feelings on the SS stuff, we had this over at the NPOC too but they seem to have delivered top notch work on the 10 headers we last got!

if anyon can give me a definate and what other things I need to be prepared for I'd be greatful!

thanks
Kev

A

antilag

i use one on my pulsar and one on my s14 if u arnt prepared to take on alot of work but do a search mate there are $hitloads of posts on this and i believe muppet has a thread with pics of wat he done to fit it ect

00sid

ss is good stuff for the money, but i have had to do alot of work on mine to get it to fit, like cut the turbo flange off and re-weld it at a different angle. grind a lug off the cyclinder head. and there turbo albow has had a load of changes.

P

PrimeraRacer

cheers guys.

Does the SS header keep the stock position of the turbo or does it move it to the top?

looks like there might be a fair bit of work involved, I'll have a search and see what I can turn up!

Only other question, there are two listed on their site, on is $250 and the other is $300 but both have the same number, is one of them the better to get?

Thanks for your input, much preciated!